- The terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train have released some of their captives more than 100 days later
- Seven people were rescued on Saturday, July 9, including Sadiq Ango Abdullahi, Muhammad Paki, Bosede Rotimi, among others
- Malam Tukur Mamu, one of the negotiators and media aide to Sheikh Ahmad Gumi said he facilitated the release of the victims
The terrorists that attacked the Abuja-Kaduna bound AK9 train on March, 28 have released another set of seven hostages in their custody after more than 100 days in captivity at the forest.
Malam Tukur Mamu, one of the negotiators and media aide to Sheikh Ahmad Gumi disclosed this on Saturday, July 9, The Punch reported.
Mamu said he successfully negotiated the release of “another seven victims.” Recall that the publisher had earlier negotiated the release of 11 passengers.
Those released were identified as Muhammad Daiyabu Paki, Bosede Olurotimi, Abubakar Zubairu, Alhassan Sule, Sadiq Ango Abdullahi, Aliyu Usman and Muhammad Abuzar Afzal, a Pakistani, Daily Trust reported.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
He was quoted as saying:
“I want to assure the nation that everything that was achieved today was singlehandedly initiated and arranged by me with the full support and prayers of my principal, Sheikh Gumi.”
“That is why I keep emphasising that government has the power to end the agony of this innocent victims in one day. This is just one individual that sacrificed his life and even integrity. There is no military solution to the current security debacle in Nigeria. When you sincerely engage these guys, even though wicked with misguided religious beliefs, they are listening. I have sufficient evidence to prove that they do listen. It is this power of engagement and sincerity that resulted to the release of this seven victims.
“In whatever I do, I don’t need or require any reward from anybody but from Allah and I hope the nation we sacrificed our lives for will recognise us."
Released victims handed over to military
Mamu said that the released victims had been handed over to the military and were currently on their way to Kaduna.
He narrated how he secured the release of the victims:
“The location they (abductors) gave is remote, sensitive and risky. There was a military checkpoint before penetrating the forest.
"My team was stopped by the soldiers but when they told the military our mission they contacted the GCO and he immediately gave approval for them to proceed.
"And after the victims were successfully evacuated, travelling through over 40 kilometers in the forest, they were given a military escort back to Kaduna at the checkpoint."
Sheikh Gumi's aide reveals those who invaded Kuje prison
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Mamu claimed those behind the invasion of the Kuje correctional facility are the same as the perpetrators of the Abuja-Kaduna train attack.
On Tuesday night, July 5, gunmen attacked the correctional facility in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with explosives and over 500 prisoners, including “all Boko Haram suspects”, who were said to have escaped during the attack.
In a statement on Wednesday, July 6, Mamu, who is also the publisher of the Desert Herald newspaper, said he pre-informed security operatives of the threat of an attack on the correctional facility.