Policeman Allegedly Breaks Woman’s Leg for Querying Nephew’s Arrest

Policeman Allegedly Breaks Woman’s Leg for Querying Nephew’s Arrest

  • A woman has accused the police of breaking her leg because she challenged them over her nephew’s arrest
  • She alleged that the policeman kicked her and she lost balance, fell on her left leg and broke her ankle
  • Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu is yet to respond to enquiries over this allegation

In another big blow to the image of the Nigeria police, Esther Eyo, a trader has accused the police of assault.

According to her, she was allegedly brutalised by Lagos state police personnel her at her shop in Oyingbo Market, Ebute Meta.

According tp Punch Newspaper, the incident happened when some police in mufti attempted to arrest her nephew, Wasiu Isiaka.

Woman claims policeman broke her leg
Esther Eyo has accused the police of breaking her leg because she challenged them over her nephew’s arrest. Photo: Punch
Source: UGC

She was said to have demanded explanation for the arrest when one of the policemen allegedly pounced on her.

Read also

Tragedy as house help reportedly kills doctor on the day he was to travel to US

PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!

Eyo, who is a single mother of three, alleged that the policeman kicked her and she lost balance, fell on her left leg and broke her ankle.

She said:

“I held Wasiu’s hand and told the men that we both sold vegetable in the market and that he did nothing wrong. But one of the men kicked Wasiu and also used his boot to kick and march my left leg till I fell on the main road. My leg twisted, my eyes got torn and I became unconscious.
“When I regained consciousness, I was told that the men came in a Sienna vehicle and two policemen were in the car. The men were about seven, but only four of them dragged Wasiu and took him away. I called a church member, Mr Bayo Opoola, and told him policemen broke my leg as I could no longer work.

Read also

Cute moment Nigerian children surprise their mother with new car in UK, video stirs emotions

“I told him the same policemen arrested Wasiu. So, when he came, people in the market told us to go to the Denton Police Station. When we got there, we saw Wasiu and Mr Opoola engaging the Divisional Police Officer over what his men did to me. Wasiu was released around 8pm after his arrest around 7am.”

Going further, she narrated her efforts in seeking medical attention after her encounter with the police.

She added:

“The doctor said the impact of the attack also made my blood pressure rise and that they needed to treat that first before attending to my leg. I have never had BP in my life. After treating my BP for a week, an X-ray was done on my leg and I was told I will undergo surgery.
“We have spent over N300,000 on my treatment and the police that caused this abandoned me. I want justice; my children and I have been helpless. A lot is needed for my treatment and I don’t even have the money. I want the policemen to be dealt with appropriately.”

Read also

OAU Student Murder: Policemen, Amotekun cripple attempt by assailants to kidnap deceased's elder brother

Meanwhile, efforts to get the side of the police was not productive as the state police public relations officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he would react after being briefed.

EndSARS: Lady who was brutalized by police during protest awarded N750,000 at panel

In another report, a young lady was in a celebration mood as she finally got justice at the Lagos panel.

The Nigerian lady identified as Felicia Nkemakolam Opara said she had suffered police brutality at the last #EndSARS protest. Felicia was, in addition to winning her case at the panel final ruling, awarded N750,000.

An overjoyed lady appreciated everyone who prayed for her and described her victory as justice for all.

Insecurity: You must not rest, Buhari gives marching orders to Security Chiefs

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that President Muhammadu Buhari ordered an immediate security response to the current insecurity across the country, occasioned by bandits and insurgents activities.

Read also

Ikoyi building collapse: Wife of site engineer cries out, says husband has neither been found or declared dead

The Nigerian leader gave the marching orders on Thursday, November 25, after receiving briefs from all security chiefs, security agencies and intelligence organizations for security nationwide.

In another report, Rauf Aregbesola, the minister of interior made the disclosure at the end of the National Security Council (NSC) meeting presided over by President Buhari at the Presidential Villa.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel