Jailbreak: Correctional Service Releases Names, Images of 122 Inmates who Escaped From Oyo

Jailbreak: Correctional Service Releases Names, Images of 122 Inmates who Escaped From Oyo

  • The Nigerian Correctional Service is doing all it can to recapture inmates who escaped from a correctional centre in Oyo state
  • The NCS on Wednesday, October 27, revealed names and images of the remaining inmates who are still at large
  • The gunmen behind the attack on the correctional centre in Abolongo, Oyo have not yet been arrested

Following the jailbreak that occurred at a prison facility in Oyo state, the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) has published the names and photos of 122 inmates who escaped from detention.

The Punch reports that on Wednesday, October 27, NCS announced the development after unidentified gunmen attacked the correctional facility in Abolongo, Oyo and freed several prisoners.

Correctional Service Releases Names of Inmates
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola assessing the level of damage, following the attack of gunmen on the prison located in Oyo town. Photo credit: Rauf Aregbesola
Source: Facebook

It was gathered that no fewer than 463 inmates had been recaptured with more than 300 still at large.

Read also

Wanted: FG releases names, pictures of escaped inmates from Oyo prison

You have no power to install CCTV, Aregbesola tells Makinde

Earlier, Vanguard reported that Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola advised Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde against installing security cameras in Abolongo prison.

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Makinde during a visit to the facility had promised the pople that his government would take immediate steps to protect the facility.

However, the minister of interior, noted that he wasn't aware if the governor had such power that of such nature should be done in a correctional facility.

FG reacts to gunmen attack on correctional facility

Legit.ng previously reported that the federal government reacted to the armed attack on Abolongo custodial centre with a stern warning on all prisoners who escaped during the incident to return immediately.

In a statement released by the minister of interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola and sent to Legit.ng by his spokesman, Sola Fasure, the government assured members of the public to go about their normal businesses, adding that the situation is under control.

Read also

Panic as gunmen invade community, Kidnap 8 funeral guests in Ekiti

Part of the statement read:

“The minister of interior has been briefed on the attack. He is monitoring the situation. He has assured members of the public to go about their normal businesses as the situation is under control.

Fear in Oyo as police detonate explosive found at prison

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, October 26, the Oyo state Police command said it detonated an explosive device found at the Medium Security Custodial Centre in the state.

Officers at the centre found the explosive device on the facility on the night of Friday, October 22, during the deadly attack by hoodlums.

The leadership of the centre was said to have invited a bomb disposal unit immediately after the explosive was discovered.

It was gathered that officers of the BDU came to carry out the detonation of the material.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel