- The United Kingdom's government has released a list of occupations that immigrants can use to get a skilled worker visa
- There are 38 occupations available, and qualified Nigerians who are looking to relocate can search for companies within the sector for a job
- However, the condition that must be met is that applicants must be paid 80% of the job’s usual going rate to qualify for a skilled worker visa
The list from the UK government's website shows 38 occupations are currently being accepted.
A statement on the website reads:
"Check which jobs are on the shortage occupations list in each area of the UK.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
UK govt releases list of over 2000 companies approved to sponsor work visas as job scams hit Nigerians hard
"If your job is on the list, you can be paid 80% of the job’s usual going rate to qualify for a Skilled Worker visa.
The annual salaries for these jobs are based on a 37.5-hour working week. They must be pro-rated for other working patterns, based on the weekly working hours stated by your employer."
Some of the occupations listed pay as high as N15,000 per hour.
UK companies welcome immigrants via work visas
Legit.ng, in an earlier report, revealed the list of companies licensed to sponsor and take international workers to the UK.
The companies cut across technology, commerce, education, media and advertisement, and engineering sectors.
Here is the list of jobs
|Health services and public health managers and directors
|£33,040 (£16.94 per hour)
|Chemical scientists – only jobs in the nuclear industry
|£22,800 (£11.69 per hour)
|Civil engineers – all jobs
|£27,760 (£14.24 per hour)
|Mechanical engineers – all jobs
|£26,400 (£13.54 per hour)
|Electrical engineers – all jobs
|£31,440 (£16.12 per hour)
|Graphic designers – all jobs
|£18,400 (£9.44 per hour)
|Carpenters and joiners – all jobs
|£18,000 (£9.23 per hour)
To see the complete list of occupations, check here.
The names of the companies approved by the United Kingdom to sponsor visas can be viewed here for anyone interested.
What is the UK skilled worker Visa?
UK skilled worker visa is a work visa that enables international workers with the necessary skills to work in the UK for licensed UK employers.
To apply for a skilled worker visa, a valid job offer must be available from a licensed UK employer.
The visa is only valid as long as the immigrant remains in the same role with the sponsoring employer.
If you wish to change roles or employers, the rule is to apply for a new skilled worker visa.
Required documents for UK skilled worker visa
Some of the information and documents you may need to provide to support your skilled worker visa application include:
- Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
- Job title and annual salary
- Job’s occupation code
- The name of employer and their sponsor licence number (as shown on Certificate of Sponsorship)
- Evidence of sufficient personal savings to support yourself
- Proof of your relationship to your spouse/partner and children (e.g. marriage and birth certificates)
- A criminal record certificate (this is only necessary for certain occupation types involving vulnerable individuals such as healthcare and education)
- Proof of your English language proficiency
Top 10 banks in Nigeria ranked by workers' salaries
Meanwhile, in another report, Legit.ng revealed the ten commercial banks with the highest salary.
Conversely, Unity, Fidelity, and Wema reported the lowest expenditure in this category.