Trouble as 2 Chelsea stars 'attack' each other after Frank Lampard's sack

Trouble as 2 Chelsea stars 'attack' each other after Frank Lampard's sack

- Antonio Rudiger and Cesar Azpilicueta had a clash at Chelsea training centre

- This happened shortly after Frank Lampard was axed by the club board earlier this week

- Some players were said to have revealed that players who graduated from the academy usually get more favourite treatment

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Chelsea camp was reportedly thrown into chaos barely 24 hours after Frank Lampard's sacking as Antonio Rudiger and Cesar Azpilicueta were said to have had an altercation in training.

Both players were said to have clashed more than once at the Cobham training ground having held grudges against each other under the watch of the former boss.

Reports claim the bust-up erupted after the German defender dropped to the bench by the former boss was handed back-to-back Premier League starts at Fulham and Leicester.

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Read also

Man City boss Guardiola makes offer to Lampard after he was sacked as Chelsea manager

According to SunSport quoting The Telegraph, some Chelsea youngsters complained of poor treatment from the senior players.

Antonio Rudige
Antonio Rudiger and Cezar Azpilicueta during one of Chelsea training sessions. Photo by Darren Walsh/Chelsea FC
Source: Getty Images

The players that came through from the club academy are said to be given favourite treatment by the former handler.

A number of stars are said to have been left 'hurt' by Lampard's public criticism of the squad and believed him to lack empathy, despite his long career as a player himself.

The 2-0 defeat at Leicester proved to be the final nail in the coffin - with Chelsea chiefs spending the next morning looking for a replacement.

Legit.ng earlier reported that Frank Lampard has admitted he is disappointed he was not allowed enough time to "take the club forward" as he desired.

The 42-year-old was shown the exit doors by the Premier League outfit on Monday, January 25, after just 18 months at the helm of affairs.

Read also

Jose Mourinho finally reacts to Lampard's sack, reveals real reason Chelsea sacked him

They took the drastic decision following the club's recent nosedive, especially in the English topflight.

Despite splashing over £200million to sign an array of stars in the summer, Chelsea have been unable to compete favourably in the league.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel