David Kwaku Asamoah Gyasi, commonly known as David Gyasi, is a super-talented British actor. He is popularly known for some of the best films and TV shows over the years. Many recognize him as Romilly in the movie Interstellar and Lex Carnahan in the TV series Containment.
Over the years, David has continued to showcase his talent as an actor by acing all the roles given to him. In 2015, he was nominated for the Outstanding Breakthrough Performance during the Black Reel Awards for his role on Interstellar.
David Gyasi profile summary
- Full name: David Kwaku Asamoah Gyasi
- Date of birth: 2nd January 1980
- Place of birth: Hammersmith, London, England
- Age: 40 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: British
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Weight: 75kg
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Emma Gyasi
- Profession: Actor, producer
- Net worth: $12 million
David Gyasi biography
David was born on 2nd January 1980 in Hammersmith, London England as David Kwaku Asamoah Gyasi. He is the son of Asamoah Gyasi (father) and Kwasu Gyasi (mother). His parents are Ghanaians who worked in office jobs in the United Kingdom.
He has not offered any information regarding his siblings. David Gyasi graduated from Middlesex University and London Metropolitan University.
Gyasi made his debut as an actor in 2003 by playing the role of one of the members of Ian's band on the film known as What a Girl Wants. Here are some other David Gyasi movies and TV shows:
David Gyasi movies
- 2003 - What a Girl Wants as Ian's Band Member
- 2005 - Beyond the Gates as Francois
- 2006 - Shoot the Messenger as Timothy
- 2012 - Red Tails as Corporal
- 2012 - The Dark Knight Rises as Skinny Prisoner
- 2012 - Cloud Atlas as Autua Duophysite
- 2014 - Interstellar as Romilly
- 2014 - The Whale as Peterson
- 2018 - Annihilation as Daniel
- 2018 - Hunter Killer as The Chief of the Boat of USS Arkansas
- 2019 - Cold Blood as Malcolm
- 2019 - Maleficent: Mistress of Evil as Percival
- 2019 - Hell on the Border as Bass Reeves
- 2020 - Come Away as Captain Hook
- 2003 - Goal as Joe Saunders
- 2003 to 2004 - Casualty as Bryce
- 2004 - Murder City as Reporter
- 2004 - William and Mary as Policeman
- 2005 - Sea of Souls as Lucas Hegarty
- 2005 - Dream Team as Marlon
- 2005 - No Angels as Leonard
- 2005 - The Brief as DS Kitson
- 2005 - Mike Bassett: Manager as Jeremy Hands
- 2005 - The Bill as Jason Fielding
- 2006 - Torchwood as Hospital Patient
- 2007 - Coming up as Marlon
- 2007 - Silent Witness as DS Ian Cross
- 2005 to 2007 - Doctors as Joe Fisher Foster
- 2008 - Waking the Dead as Charlie Ayanike
- 2008 - Apparitions as Father Daniel
- 2009 - Demons as Physics Teacher
- 2009 - Law and Order: UK as Lennie Gaines
- 2009 - Murderland as Will
- 2010 - Holby City as Moses Abebe
- 2012 - White Heat as Victor
- 2012 - Doctor Who as Harvey
- 2016 - Containment as Lex Carnahan
- 2017 - Man in an Orange Shirt as Steve
- 2018 - Troy: Fall of a City as Achilles
- 2019 - Carnival Row as Agreus
- 2020 - The A Word as Ben
- 2013 - I Love You
- 2014 - One in Five
- 2019 - Hell on the Border
Wife and kids
The actor is married to his wife Emma Gyasi, whom they started dating during their sixth form. David Gyasi wife is a media personality, dancer and fitness trainer.
The duo is blessed with two kids, a son (Nathaniel Gyasi) and a daughter (Elena Gyasi). The family of four resides in London, England.
Height and other body measurements
David Gyasi height is 5 feet and 10 inches. He weighs 75kg. He has a dark complexion, black hair and dark brown eyes.
The actor is approximated to have a net worth of about $12 million as of the year 2020. His net worth has accumulated over the years from the entertainment industry.
David Gyasi is not a new name in the entertainment world. He has taken various major and minor roles and offered nothing short of the best. With his hard work, consistency and exemplary talent, the sky is the limit for him.
READ ALSO: John Okafor's biography and best movies
Legit.ng recently comprehensively covered the life of John Okafor, who is a Nigerian actor. The comedic actor is also popularly known as Mr Ibu. He has starred in many Nollywood movies such as Police Recruit (2003), Mr Ibu in London (2004), and Honey Moon Guys (2015) among many others.
The 59-year-old is also a husband and father. The name of his wife is Stella Maris Okafor, who is an actress. The couple has three children whose names are Emmanuel, Jay Jay, and Chelsea. His net worth is estimated to be $4.2 million.