President Buhari commiserates with victims of Sokoto attack

President Buhari commiserates with victims of Sokoto attack

- President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over the attack in a community in Sokoto state

- The Nigerian leader commiserated with all those who lost loved ones in the unfortunate incident and prayed for the recovery of the injured

- Buhari also noted that a military operation has been launched to target bandits that have been tormenting northern states

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

President Muhammadu Buhari has commiserated with all those who lost loved ones in an attack by bandits in Sabon Birni local government area of Sokoto state.

According to Channels TV, Buhari expressed his deepest and profound sympathies to the families of the victims over the incident and prayed for the quick recovery of those that got injured.

Buhari while expressing immense sadness at the tragic acts of the bandits as the country battles the coronavirus pandemic, assured the people that they will not be abandoned and the killers will be brought to their knees.

He said: “As the world and Nigeria battle Coronavirus pandemic, it is tragic and unfortunate that bandits have remained active in parts of the country, killing innocent people and throwing families into despair."

Sokoto Attack: Buhari Commiserates With Victims, Directs Fierce Military Operation
President Buhari commiserates with families of victims who lost loved ones in the recent attack in Sokoto state
Source: Twitter

Meanwhile, the president revealed that a major military operation code-named “Operation Accord” has been launched to target the bandits tormenting north-west and north central states.

He reassured Nigerians that his administration is determined to protect the people against mass killers who have no regard for life.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Ibrahim Gobir, the senator representing Sokoto east senatorial district, alleged that residents of Sokoto state now rely on soldiers of Niger Republic to defend them from the attacks of bandits.

The senator told the Senate on Tuesday, May 19, that the Nigerian Army was no longer capable of saving his people from bandits. He said constant attacks from bandits had forced about 5,000 people from Sokoto state to migrate to Niger Republic for safety.

Gobir made the statement when he contributed to a motion on insecurity during plenary. He said the Nigerian Army fails to respond whenever the people call them for help.

In other news, a coalition of Concerned Sokoto Citizens (CSC) has called for urgent intervention, especially after the latest attack on Wednesday, May 27, that left at least 70 people dead.

The group, angered by the recent attack, lamented that since January, over 270 lives have been lost in 20 deadly attacks.

Professor Nasiru Gatawa speaking on behalf of the coalition said they were under siege and the government must take decisive action.

Buhari should put an end to banditry, unrest in Zamfara - Nigerians cry | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel