Due to busy days and an increased pace of life, people rarely raise their heads to marvel at the night sky. However, if you read a bunch of moon quotes, you will definitely want to dedicate some time to stargazing.
For generations, starry nights have inspired people all over the world. Fascination with the unparalleled beauty of celestial bodies has resulted in zillions of quotes about the moon, stars, and sun.
The most beautiful moon quotes
For centuries, people across the world have been looking up at the night sky. For many of them, celestial bodies are a source of inspiration and an object of admiration.
Therefore, today, we have many marvellous stars and full moon quotes that remind us about their unique and mysterious beauty. Each quote from the list below is a gem that we should treasure.
- When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in the sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it - delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough. - Vera Nazarian
- Silene, who declines the garish noontide’s blazing light; but when the evening crescent shines, gives all her sweetness to the night. - Charlotte Turner Smith
- What intelligent being, what being capable of responding emotionally to a beautiful sight, can look at the jagged, silvery lunar crescent trembling in the azure sky, even through the weakest of telescopes, and not be struck by it in an intensely pleasurable way, not feel cut off from everyday life here on Earth and transported toward that first step on celestial journeys? - Camille Flammarion
- Every phase of our life belongs to us. The moon does not, except in appearance, lose her first thin, luminous curve, nor her silvery crescent, in rounding to her full. The woman is still both child and girl, in the completeness of womanly character. - Lucy Larcom
- Winter crescent resting in the high pine bough - you fly through the woods like a lone snow bird. - John Geddes
- When I look over my past, I see that the stages in my life are like the phases of the moon. I've had periods where I was the waxing gibbous: fat with wealth and success. There have been other seasons when my happiness was like the waning crescent and I watched my joy fade away slowly, merging with the atmosphere around me as if it never existed. Then I felt as if I was left with nothing more than an illusion, but happiness returns in time and glows once more in corpulent fullness. It's time that makes the difference. - Amy Neftzger
- The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections. - Tahereh Mafi
- The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished. - Deng Ming-Dao
- Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy. - Henri Frederic Amiel
- The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen. - Shannon L. Alder
- I’ve never seen a moon in the sky that, if it didn’t take my breath away, at least misplaced it for a moment. - Colin Farrell
Moon love quotes to express your feelings
Starry nights with clear skies have always been associated with romance. Therefore, sending moon quotes about love to your partner is a perfect way to remind him or her about your feelings.
Sweet lines about night skies will make any heart beat faster. Below are the best romantic moon quotes that will convey your love to your sweetheart.
- The sun loves the moon so much that he dies every night to let her breathe, and in return, she reflects his love. - Jeffrey Fry
- I ignored your aura but it grabbed me by the hand like the moon pulled the tide and the tide pulled the sand. - Talib Kwell
- Two things I'll forever be sure of, the sun will always fall for the moon and I will always fall for you. - R. M. Broderick
- I’m often difficult to love. I go through dark periods like the moon and I hide from myself. But I promise I will kiss your wounds when they’re hurting. Even if they’re in your soul, I can find them with the light in my fingertips. I will lead you to the river so you can remember how beautiful it feels to be moved by something that is out of your control. And when our dark periods match, we can breathe with the grass and look at the night sky. The stars will remind us of the beauty in our struggles and we won’t feel lost anymore. - Emery Allen
- If the moon smiled, she would resemble you. You leave the same impression of something beautiful, but annihilating. - Sylvia Plath
Reach for the moon quotes that will inspire you
Space and anything related to it has always piqued interest in people of various backgrounds. Any endeavours associated with celestial bodies make us think of heroes, bravery, the achievement of goals, and following our dreams.
Therefore, any shoot for the moon quote is particularly inspiring. Reaching the Earth’s satellite has become a symbol of dreams coming true.
Thus, if you need a shot of motivation, pick one reach for the moon quote from the list below.
- In order to go to the moon and back, all we did was say we could - and we did. - Richard Dreyfuss
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars. - Les Brown
- Shoot for the stars but if you happen to miss, shoot for the moon instead. - Neil Armstrong
- I always shoot for the moon in my work, so that I’m happy when I land on the roof. - Darren Criss
- I don’t think in terms of failure… I don’t feel like anyone outside of me should be setting limitations. People should be encouraged to shoot for the moon.
Marvellous sun and moon quotes
The Earth’s only natural satellite and the sun are the brightest objects in our sky. They are powerful symbols that have been used by writers, poets, and other notable people in their works and speeches.
Quotes about the sun and moon touch on diverse aspects of our lives, therefore, anyone can relate to them. These lines are full of meaning, and they give people a lot to think about.
- I am a child of the Moon being raised by the Sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers. - Zara Ventris
- If you are the moon, it’s not the sun that reminds you of the light: it’s the darkness that makes you shine. - Jennifer Williamson
- Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. - Confucius
- If the sun and moon should ever doubt, they’d immediately go out. - William Blake
- Like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away to return once more. - Sun Tzu
- Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows. - Helen Keller
- The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change, and everyone looks up to them. - Confucius
- It is no secret that the moon has no light of her own, but is, as it were, a mirror, receiving brightness from the influence of the sun. - Vitruvius
- When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator. - Mahatma Gandhi
Top moon and stars quotes
When the sky is clear, it is impossible to marvel at the natural satellite and not to notice zillions of stars twinkling in the dark. Together, these celestial objects create an image that inspires people of all nations, ages, and genders.
Quotes about the moon and stars celebrate the whole beauty of the night sky. You can find the best of them in the list below.
- Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars. - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt
- Not just beautiful, though - the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.
- If people looked at the stars each night, they’d live a lot differently. When you look into infinity, you realize that there are more important things than what people do all day. - Bill Watterson
- We have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with sounds made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names. - Nikita Gill
- Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other. - Sojourner Truth
- The night sky is a dignified black princess freckled with the stars. Get lost in her beauty to find it in your darkness. - Curtis Tyrone Jones
- You cannot look up at the night sky on the planet Earth and not wonder what it’s like to be up there amongst the stars. And I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos. - Tom Hanks
Moon quotes by Rumi
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, and more popularly as Rumi, was a 13th-century Persian poet, faqih, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic originally from Greater Khorasan.
In his works, the famous Persian poet and scholar also paid much attention to the celestial bodies. Reading his words, you begin to feel the urge to look up into the night sky.
Moon quotes Rumi gifted us with are especially poetic and meaningful. They create a magical atmosphere that does not disappear even after you finish reading the lines.
- Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your being.
- Rise up nimbly and go on your strange journey to the ocean of meanings… Leave and don’t look away from the sun as you go, in whose light you’re sometimes crescent, sometimes, full.
- At night, I open the window and ask the moon to come and press its face against mine. Breathe into me. Close the language-door and open the love-window. The moon won’t use the door, only the window.
- A moment of happiness, you and I sitting on the verandah, apparently two, but one in soul, you and I. We feel the flowing water of life here, you and I, with the garden's beauty and the birds singing. The stars will be watching us, and we will show them what it is to be a thin crescent moon. You and I unselfed, will be together, indifferent to idle speculation, you and I. The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar as we laugh together, you and I. In one form upon this earth, and in another form in a timeless sweet land.
- A new moon teaches gradualness and deliberation and how one gives birth to oneself slowly. Patience with small details makes perfect a large work, like the universe. What nine months of attention does for an embryo forty early mornings will do for your gradually growing wholeness.
- The water in the stream may have changed many times, but the reflection of the moon and the stars remains the same.
- Death has nothing to do with going away. The sun sets, the moon sets, but they are not gone.
Moon quotes Shakespeare gifted us with
William Shakespeare was an English poet and playwright whose works are still enjoyed by multitudes of his fans centuries after his demise. The poet, regarded as the greatest writer in the English language, also mentioned the celestial body in his works.
The renowned English poet and playwright widely used the symbol of the Earth’s satellite in his works. With the help of this celestial object, Shakespeare created an atmosphere of mystery that permeated many of his plays.
Today, we have many lines about celestial objects that are derived from the numerous plays by Shakespeare. Many of them are well-known by true fans of the English playwright.
- Therefore the moon, the governess of floods, pale in her anger, washes all the air, that rheumatic diseases do abound: and through this distemperature we see the seasons alter.
- The moon shines bright. In such a night as this. When the sweet wind did gently kiss the trees and they did make no noise, in such a night...
- We make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and stars, as if we were villains on necessity, fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treachers, by spherical predominance.
- How slow this old moon wanes! She lingers my desires, like to a stepdame or a dowager long withering out a young man’s revenue.
- Four days will quickly steep themselves in nights; four nights will quickly dream away the time; and then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in heaven, shall behold the night of our solemnities.
The mysterious beauty of celestial objects has given rise to zillions of marvellous moon quotes. These lines fascinate and inspire people around the globe.