After a considerable period of waiting, Vivo X30 is finally out and ready for purchase. The much-hyped phone comes with some of the best features for a phone in the mid-range smartphone niche. Read on to get all the Vivo X30 latest news.
Knowing the Vivo X30 details will go a long way in helping you determine if it suits your needs or not. Check out the merits and demerits of the phone.
- Exemplary cameras
- Excellent display panel
- High capacity battery
- 5G enabled
- No memory card slot
- It is not water/dustproof
Vivo X30 specs summary
- Announced: December 2019
- Vivo X30 release date: December 2019
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.1 x 8.8 mm (6.24 x 2.92 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 196.5 g (6.95 oz)
- SIM card: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.44 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Operating system: Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 10.0
- Internal memory: 128GB ROM 8GB RAM, 256GB ROM 8GB RAM
- Expandable memory: No
- Main camera: 64MP + 32MP + 8MP
- Selfie camera: 32MP
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4350 mAh battery
- Colors: Black, Peach, and Light Blue
This device is almost bezel-less, and that means that the display area is maximized. There is a small cutout on the front part at the top right corner which houses the selfie camera. At the backside of the phone, there is the main camera unit, and on its right, there is a square cutout that houses a periscope zoom camera capable of 60x zoom.
It measures 158.5 x 74.1 x 8.8 mm, and thus, it has a moderate size, meaning that you can comfortably hold it in your hands. The gadget weighs approximately 196. 5 g and it comes in three distinct colors: Black, Peach, and Light Blue. It is a magnificently built smartphone, and it is highly appealing.
Vivo X30 has one of the best screen display technologies; a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors. This display technology offers numerous benefits such as minimal sunlight reflection, low power consumption, wider viewing angles, and excellent outdoor readability with 800 nits brightness.
The display unit size is 6.44 inches, with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display size is similar to that of the Vivo X30 Pro. The display offers excellent viewing experience, especially if you are into gaming or watching videos.
The chipset type that the device uses is the Exynos 980 (8 nm). The device has an octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6x1.8 GHz Cortex A55) CPU and a Mali-G76 MP5 GPU for graphics. With 8 GB RAM, the chipset is capable of offering fantastic processing speeds while the GPU specs can enhance the user interface and display of 3D content.
There are two versions of the device. One has 128GB ROM and 8GB RAM, while the other has 256GB ROM and 8GB RAM. Both versions have the same RAM capacity, while the ROM sizes are different. Depending on your storage needs, you should choose the most appropriate ROM size. Bear in mind that the device does not have an external memory card slot, and thus, you will have no additional storage space apart from what the phone offers.
The Vivo X30 battery is an in-built Li-Po 4350 mAh. The battery capacity is one of the highest among Vivo smartphones, and it is sufficient to power the phone for a considerable duration. Additionally, it has a 33W fast battery charging feature. Even if you subject the phone to intensive use and the battery runs low, you can recharge it fast and continue using it.
Speaker and call quality
It has a stereo speaker that produces high-quality audio, and another speaker is located at the earpiece, which enables you to get the best call quality. For calls, you can activate the loudspeaker and listen to louder voices without necessarily putting the phone close to your ears. The presence of the 3.5mm jack means that you can plug in headphones to listen to music or calls.
OS and features
Even though this is a modern smartphone, it does not come with the latest Android version. It operates on Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 10.0. This operating system supports various applications and provides a good user interface.
The notable sensors of the device include fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Other communication software features within the phone are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, USB, and radio.
Camera, video and image quality
The rear camera is a tri-system with 64MP (wide) + 32MP (telephoto) + 8MP (ultrawide) while the single selfie camera is 32MP (wide). The main camera is capable of capturing images and videos in HDR and panorama. An LED flash is fit to offer extra lighting in dark environs. The specifications of the back camera make it a powerful one capable of taking high-quality images and videos.
Vivo X30 reviews
Those who have had the chance to scrutinize the specs of the phone aired the following opinions on YouTube;
- james Robertson: no headphone jack. I have doubts. One of the images live saw of it shows a headphone jack. And remember the phone brand is vivo. The ones that put HiFi dac(s) in the phones they make.
- GoldenFlower: Thought this was gonna be bezel less... Pass !! Fingers crossed for the OPPO Reno 3
- kuro Yoshitsune: Well at least vivo try to do something unique and dare to take the risk of using exynos instead of mtk or snapD chipset. This could be a game changer
- Granger Danger: Vivo should change their Ui though....feels outdated.
- Ashton Kee: Vivo should use Huawei’s Kirin 990 with the integrated Baking 5000 5G SOC. Gonna skip this X30 becoz of the Scumsung SOC.
The significant up-sides of the Vivo X30 are its powerful camera specs capable of capturing top quality images and videos, and its capability of zooming far-away objects by 60x with high clarity. Its battery is another unique feature because it is of high capacity that can power the phone for a long time.
The absence of an external memory card slot is a step-down since the internal memory may not be sufficient for your storage needs.
Vivo X30 offers some of the best features that any smartphone enthusiast would consider necessary. However, if you cannot keep up with the price, you can opt for other types of phones that would offer an almost similar experience such as Vivo U3.