If you need a pocket-friendly smartphone with decent specifications and features, then, Nokia 7 is probably one of the best options to consider. You will probably be excited to learn about the captivating Nokia 7 details that will make you go for the handset.
The mid-range device was launched back in 2017 in China by Finnish mobile phone company, HMD Global. The multi-billion company is known for marketing phones under the Nokia brand, including Nokia 3, 5, 6, and 8.
Nokia 7 overview
Like any other phone in the market, the device also has its advantages and disadvantages that anyone interested in purchasing it should have in mind.
- It has a microSD slot to expand its memory up to 256GB.
- It has a high resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels despite being a mid-range device.
- The gadget also supports two SIM cards.
- It also comes in two different colours, Gloss Black and Matt White.
- The phone has a poor front camera of 5MP.
- It comes with a battery capacity of 3,000 mAh, which may not last for long without charging.
- It does not have some sensors like barometer or temperature sensors.
Nokia 7 specs
The handset comes with essential specifications for a mid-range smartphone that can entice anyone with a low budget to buy it.
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat (can be upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie)
- Display: 5.2 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 (14 nm)
- RAM: 4GB or 6GB
- ROM: 64GB
- External storage: MicroSD, up to 256 GB
- Back camera: 16MP with dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Front camera: 5MP
- Battery: 3000 mAh non-removable
- Colors: Gloss Black and Matt White
Having an HD resolution and good storage capacity are some of the attractive Nokia 7 features that will make you spend your small savings on the handset.
The phone has an appealing look with a glossy screen made of glass. The front is made of a think top bezel with a pin-hole for a selfie camera. At the back is a fingerprint sensor located right at the center close to the camera’s LED flash. The smartphone measures 141.20 x 71.50 x 7.90mm (length x width x thickness).
The smartphone comes with a 5.2-inch screen with a full HD display. It has a resolution of 1080 by 1920 pixels with an impressive 424 PPI (Pixels Per-square Inch). Its screen has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 that offers drop protection to the device.
Processor, storage, and performance
The handset runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor that provides a user-friendly experience. When it comes to memory capacity, the gadget comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM that can be expanded using a microSD card up to 256GB.
What Nokia 7 colors do you know? Well, the device is only available in two different colors, Gloss Black and Matt White for people to choose their favorite.
Nokia 7 battery
The smartphone has a battery capacity of 3000mAh, and it is non-removable. It also supports the fast-charge technology.
Speaker and audio quality
Nokia 7 may not have the best speaker quality, but it can still produce good sound for entertainment. It also has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The device also has useful software features and programs that improve its performance.
The phone, also known as Nougat, which offers room for multitasking and other smooth operations of the device. Another added advantage is that you can upgrade the OS to Android 9.0 (Pie).
Users can also secure their private information on the phone, thanks to the fingerprint sensor that keeps intruders from accessing your handset.
Nokia 7 camera
The front camera is 5 MP with an aperture of f/2.0 wide. Ideally, this is not the best device to take selfie photos. On the other hand, the primary camera is 16 MP with an f/1.8 aperture, which is relatively suitable for a mid-range smartphone.
Nokia 7 release date
The handset was launched back on October 19, 2017, and released on October 24 in China. It is now available in several countries worldwide.
Nokia 7 price
To own the phone in Nigeria, you need to part with about N62,888 to get it from Jumia. This is quite a reduction from its expected release price of N145,000 to N175,000.
Nokia 7 review
The phone attracted lots of comments on YouTube. Here are some of them.
- Naman Varshney: Wow having a aluminum 7000 series phone at very small price R.I P. iPhone.
- Elijah Ignacio: Why go with the on screen nav tho? You have so much space in the bottom.
- SG Toro: The design is outdate...why nokia.
Nokia 7 is a good phone but not for those interested in selfies. You may opt for Nokia 5 and 6, which are also pocket-friendly and have better front camera quality. Other mid-range smartphones with excellent features that you may also consider buying include Huawei Y7 Prime, Tecno CX, and Infinix Note 4 Pro.
Do you think Nokia 7 has what it takes to compete with other mid-range handsets in the market? Does it have what you are looking for in a smartphone?