The Motorola One Hyper device is one of the latest smartphones by telecommunications company, Motorola Mobility. It is the first handset by the company that comes with a pop-up selfie camera module housing a 32MP sensor.
Launched in December 2019, the mid-range Android phone comes with unique specifications and features that make it stand out in the competitive market. It is one of the phones to look out for in 2020.
Like any other handset, Motorola One Hyper also has its pros and cons that anyone who plans to buy it should put into consideration.
- It uses the IPS display technology with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, which is one of the leading LCD technologies in the world.
- The phone comes with a microSD slot to expand its memory.
- It also comes with an impressive non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery which can last for an extended period. The device also has a fast-charging system of 45W.
- The 64MP primary camera and 32MP selfie camera make it a good phone for photography and recording high-quality video.
- The device does not support wireless charging.
Motorola One Hyper specs
Here is everything you need to know about the phone's specifications that will help you decide whether to buy it in 2020 or look for another option.
- Display: 6.5 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels (396 PPI density)
- OS: Android 10.0, Android One
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Rear camera: Dual 64MP + 8MP
- Front camera: 32MP
- Battery: 4000mAh, non-removable
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 76.6 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 210 g
- USB: 2.0, USB Type-C
- Audio: 3.5 mm jack available
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Deepsea Blue, Dark Amber, Fresh Orchid
- Sensors: Accelerometer, compass, fingerprint, gyroscope, light, proximity
Here are other Motorola One Hyper details, including its attractive design and display that may convince you to purchase the device in 2020.
The Motorola One Hyper Android phone has one of the most appealing designs among the smartphones produced by the company. The handset is made of a plastic back and features a full-screen display without a notch or hole-punch. The rear has a 3D curved design and houses dual rear cameras, a camera flash, and the company's name and logo encrypted at the bottom.
It has a bulged design that accommodates its big battery and headphone jack. There is also a bump created for the selfie camera that pops-up at the back, and a fingerprint sensor strategically placed at the back with a light ring around it. The ring lights up, therefore, adding to its attractiveness. Unlike other smartphones like the Huawei Nova 6 5G, the unique Motorola device is waterproof. Users can even take a call in the rain without hesitation.
The Motorola handset has a 6.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a pixel density of 396 PPI. The display offers a full HD experience to users.
It also has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a bezel-less display with a high screen to body ratio of 83.7 %. Motorola One Hyper colors are Fresh Orchid, Deepsea Blue and Dark Amber.
Processor, storage, and performance
The handset uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset, which offers powerful performance and outstanding gaming capabilities. It uses the Andreno 612 Graphics Processing Unit which is suitable for mid-range smartphones.
When it comes to storage, the phone comes with 4GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Fortunately, there is a microSD slot to enable users to expand the memory up to a whopping 1TB.
The Motorola One Hyper comes with a non-removable 4000mAh Li-Po battery. It supports a fast-charging system of 45W/27W, which is good news for those planning to own one.
Speaker and audio quality
The phone features a 3.5mm headphone jack. It uses Dolby Audio support that ensures crystal clear sound from the speakers when communicating through calls or listening to music.
In addition to the hardware features, Motorola One Hyper also comes with fantastic software features that meet the needs of its users.
OS & features
The device runs on the latest Android 10 version that provides a user-friendly experience when operating the handset. Motorola also promises security updates every two months for the One Hyper device. Also, users can enjoy 12 months of security updates and 24 months of minor updates.
Camera, video & image quality
Motorola One Hyper camera specifications are among the best available in the market. It boasts of a large 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and an 8MP ultrawide camera. In most cases, users will shoot using a 16MP image size when on the default setting, therefore, one must enable the 64MP option before taking photos.
Also important to note is that the primary sensor has the Phase Detection Autofocus feature and Laser autofocus for super-fast focusing. Users can also take photos in HDR and Panorama, as well as record 2160p videos at 30fps.
The pop-up selfie camera comes with a 32MP lens with an aperture of f/2.0. The default setting of taking photos using the front camera is at 8MP. The camera allows users to take pictures in HDR and record videos in 1080p at 30/60fps.
Motorola One Hyper price
You need to part with around $ 400 or about 145,000 Naira to own the handset. The phone's accessories are available for purchase from online retail stores in Nigeria like Jumia. In India, the expected price of the phone is ₹27,990.
Motorola One Hyper review
Here are some of the comments by people on YouTube.
- SaithusX: I think $400 is a lil too high. Just imo. The bold N1 I got is pretty good. Personally for about $479 I can get the red magic 3s which is a gaming phone with a 90hz display. Sub $300 would definitely be a better price point.
- Alexis Javier: Underpowered and overprice, just buy a xiaomi 9t pro or something similar with way better specs for same price
- panther cheng: I prefer a notch rather than a pop up camera...
Motorola One Hyper is an intriguing smartphone with an impressive design unique from other phones in the market. The ability of the front camera to pop-up may be an appealing feature, but it still remains a mid-range handset in the market. In terms of cameras, it has one of the best lenses for photography.
The Motorola One Hyper device is a good phone expected to rival other handsets in the market. Do you think it is the best phone to own in 2020?