Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday, August 7, approved the appointment of Matthew Seiyefa as the Acting Director General of the Department of State Services (DSS) few hours after firing Lawal Daura over the invasion of the National Assembly.
The siege on the National Assembly on Tuesday by the operatives of the DSS was said to be carried out Daura’s instruction which eventually led to his summary dismissal.
In this report, Legit.ng provides a brief profile of the newly appointed acting DG of DSS, Matthew Seiyefa:
1. Seiyefa hails from Ekeremor in Ekeremor local government area of Bayelsa state
2. He had his primary education at Local Authority Primary School, Ekeremor before proceeding to Government College, Ughelli in Delta state for Secondary Education
READ ALSO: Breaking: Saraki meets Babangida ahead of 2019 elections
3. He enlisted into the Nigerian Security Organization (NSO) in 1984 after completing his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme at the School of Islamic and Legal Studies (SILS) Kano
4. He attended the University of Jos where he obtained a Bachelor of Law (Honours) Degree in 1982 and was called to bar after attending the Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island Lagos
5. He also attended the Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru, Jos in 2006, and the University of Boston in 2015.
6. Before his new appointment, he was the most senior director in the DSS, being an Assistant DG
7. He was also the director of Institute of Security Studies, Abuja.
8. With about 34 years of experience, Seiyefa has served in different capacities, including the State Director in Osun, Akwa Ibom, and Lagos
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the sacking of Daura by Osinbajo was done with the approval of President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to Sahara Reporters, the decision to sack Daura was taken at about 4am on Tuesday, August 7, and Osinbajo secured Buhari’s approval before making the decision public.
The newspaper said anonymous sources confirmed that Daura ordered Tuesday’s DSS siege to the National Assembly in order to whip up public sentiments for Senate president Bukola Saraki.
Nigeria Latest News How Masked DSS Gunmen Stormed the National Assembly (The True Story) - on Legit.ng TV