Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR) is a 12-digit code that is generated electronically, and it is used for making financial payments on the Remita platform. Below we will explain you how to generate Remita Retrieval Reference Number.
Remita is a popular online payment solution for Nigerians. It has become an important part of how businesses, government bodies, and agencies, etc. send and receive payment in Nigeria. Millions of Nigerians and thousands of organizations in Nigeria use Remita platform for integrating all their financial transaction on one single platform. Even the Federal Government of Nigeria uses Remita to facilitate their Treasury Single Account (TSA). Remita Nigeria uses the following platforms for financial transactions.
- Remita Mobile App
- Internet Banking
- Point of Sales (PoS) Terminals
- Debit/Credit Cards
- Merchant’s Website
- Bank Branches
- Mobile Wallets
- Standing Order/Direct Debit.
READ ALSO: What is remita retrieval reference
How to get Remita Retrieval Reference Number
Before you can use Remita or generate a Remita Retrieval Reference Number, you need to have an account with Remita. If you don’t have an account yet, which is very unlikely considering you want to know how to generate a Remita Retrieval Reference Number, then you need to open one first. Visit www.remita.net to open a Remita account.
To generate Remita Retrieval Reference Number follow the next steps:
- Visit the Remita website on your computer, laptop or mobile device at www.remita.net.
- Log in to your Remita account.
- After logging in to your account, you will see a search engine at the top of the page.
- Enter the name of the billing agent (i.e., the business organization or the government body or agency) to which you are making the payment and press enter or click on search. For example, if you are paying for a JAMB form or service, type JAMB or Joint Admission Matriculation Board in the search engine and press enter or click on search.
- Click on the result that is shown.
OR click on one of the options displayed on the home page of the website.
- You will be directed to the next page where you will enter the necessary information regarding your payments.
- There will be a drop-down menu where you will select from the options the service you are making payments for, especially if the biller has more than one service for which he/she receives payment via Remita.
- Please note that it is advisable to engage the billing agent (i.e., the business organization or the government body or agency) to ascertain the appropriate service type that best suits the intended remittance.
- Fill in all the necessary information as required.
- You will see a drop-down menu where you will select your mode of payment; Bank branch, Internet banking, MasterCard or VISA card, PAGA/perfect money.
- Since the reason why you want to generate a Remita Retrieval Reference Number is to pay at the bank, select Bank branch.
- Check the captcha box for “I am not a robot.”
- Click on “Submit” to generate RRR code.
- The next page to load will display your Remita Retrieval Reference Number for the transaction.
- You can take a screenshot or write it down to fill your teller when you get to the bank to make your Remita payment.
We hope this information was helpful. You can download Remita Mobile App from your App store to make things easier and faster. If you still need help regarding Remita, you can call their customer service at +234 1 636 7000 or send an email to email@example.com.
READ ALSO: How to get Remita retrieval reference