- APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, has given conditions to Nigeria media and other groups calling for his appearance for a presidential debate ahead of the 2023 election
- The presidential hopeful, through Festus Keyamo, the spokesperson of the APC PCC, asked for the manifesto of his Labour Party counterpart, Peter Obi
- Tinubu also demanded that Obi should list his achievement when he was the governor of Anambra state, 2 other things were also demanded by the APC flagbearer
PAY ATTENTION: How media literate are you? Click to take a quiz – bust fake news with Legit.ng!
Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has listed 4 conditions before he would engage his Labour Party counterpart, Peter Obi, in a debate.
The former governor of Lagos state spoke through the spokesperson of the APC presidential campaign council (PCC), Festus Keyamo on Tuesday, November 29.
Will Tinubu attend the presidential debate ahead of the 2023 election?
The demands are listed below:
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
- Tinubu said he would only attend a debate with Peter Obi of the Labour Party if the former Anambra governor could only present his manifesto to the Nigerian public for scrutiny.
- Keyamo also asked the Obi to list his achievement when he was the governor of Anambra state before any debate can hold.
- The APC also demanded that the Labour Party flagbearer should name any political party he had formed as a politician.
- Tinubu, through the spokesperson of the PCC then demanded that Obi should name his political mentees and let Nigerians know if they are still with him.
Latest about Bola Tinubu, APC, Peter Obi, Labour Party, 2023 Election, Arise TV, Presidential Debate
Recall that the APC candidate had earlier disclosed that he would not attend the 3rd edition of the Arise TV presidential town hall meeting.
The meeting was organised in conjunction with the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) after he failed to appear in the previous edition.
2023 presidency: Tinubu to relocate Nigeria's capital to Lagos after victory? Jagaban speaks
Legit.ng earlier reported that Bola Tinubu, the APC presidential candidate, has dismissed the report that he had the intention of relocating the FCT from Abuja To Lagos if he succeeds President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a statement by his campaign council, Tinubu said the fake news is being sponsored by the PDP and Labour Party to demarket him in the northwest region of the country.
Tinubu clarified that he had no intention to relocate the FCT to Lagos and that those going around with the news are elders on the payroll of the PDP.