- There is jubilation in the Nigerian Army as Lt. Col. Abubakar-Surajo Imam emerged as the first professor of Mechatronics Engineering
- This was contained in a statement issued by the Registrar, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna State, Brig.-Gen. A.M. Tukur
- Imam is the Head, Department of Mechatronics Engineering and Director, Centre for Innovation and Creativity at the NDA
Legit.ng journalist Adekunle Dada has over 5-year-experience covering metro and government policy
The Registrar, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna State, Brig.-Gen. A.M. Tukur disclosed this in a statement on Friday, November 17, The Punch reported.
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
“This recognition not only honours Professor Imam but also highlights the commitment of the Nigerian Defence Academy to acknowledging and rewarding outstanding contributions within its academic community.”
Profile of Nigerian Army gets 1st professor
- Imam is an indigene of Kankia in Katsina state.
- He bagged his Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bayero University, Kano State.
- He also holds a Master’s Degree in Mechatronics and a Ph.D. in Mechatronics and Robotics, both from Newcastle University, United Kingdom
- He was assigned to the Nigerian Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering after he joined the Nigerian Army as a member of the Short Service Combatant Course 32
- Prof Imam spearheaded the founding of the NDA Department of Mechatronic Engineering and the establishment of the Centre for Innovation and Creativity.
- Imam is the Head of, Department of Mechatronics Engineering and Director, Centre for Innovation and Creativity at the NDA.
- He is also a researcher with the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria, the Defence Research and Development Bureau, Abuja, Command Engineering Depot, Buffalo Engineering Technology, and the National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure.
- Imam is an Examiner and Member, Central Selection Committee for Master and Ph.D. candidates being sponsored by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
- He is an author and publisher of books that cover Mechatronics; PIC Microcontrollers; Embedded Systems Design; Sensors and Actuators for Embedded Systems; Coding, Robotics and Drone technology for Kids; and Field Manuals for Drone Technology, among others.
Nigeria’s first female Major-general dies at 84
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Nigeria s first female major-general, Aderonke Kale, passed on at 84.
The president of the Alumni Association of the National Institute (AANI), E. O. Okafor, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, November 9,
Kale reportedly died in London, United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 8.
PAY ATTENTION: Donate to Legit Charity on Patreon. Your support matters!