- Governor Samuel Ortom has announced the suspension of four traditional rulers in the Sankera axis of Benue state
- The monarch were suspended and immediately replaced by new chiefs appointed in acting capacity for alleged misconduct
- The information was contained in a statement issued by the special adviser to the governor on local government and chieftaincy affairs, Ken Achabo
The traditional rulers in Sankera axis made up of Ukum, Logo and Katsina-Ala local government areas of the state.
Ken Achabo, the special adviser to the governor on local government and chieftaincy affairs made this known on Friday, January 21.
The paramount ruler of the Tiv tribe and chairman of the Benue State Traditional Council, HRM, Tor Tiv, Prof. James Ayatse and Tor Sankera, Chief Abu King Shuluwa appointed new chiefs in acting capacity to replace the suspended monarchs, Sahara Reporters added.
PDP: Ayu, Saraki, Wike, Makinde, Obi, Mimiko, others storm Lagos, receives defected Adediran-led APC group
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Monarchs affected include;
1. Mue Ter Ngyen, Chief D Ijah from Ukum LGA
2. Mue Ter Ichongo, Chief Terngu Iorhuna, Logo LGA
3. Mue Ter Ipusu, Chief Enoch Kyumen Logo LGA
4. District Head of Tir, Chief Johnson Boi in Katsina-Ala LGA
Achabo in a statement issued said the Tor Tiv appointed Chief Donald Vihive as acting Mue Ter Ngyen, Chief Stephen Tyôkpev as Mue Ter Ipusu, and Chief Orlu Mbakor as acting Mue Ter Chôngo.”
It was gathered that the Tor Sankera, Chief Abu King Shuluwa appointed Chief Philip Saamaaya as acting District of Tir in Katsina-Ala LGA.
Insecurity: Katsina Emirate suspends traditional ruler, gives reason
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that a traditional ruler in Katsina state, the Sarkin Pauwan Katsina, Yusuf Lawal, has been suspended over alleged involvement in aiding and abating banditry activities in his domain.
Katsina Emirate Council disclosed in a statement that the suspension of the district head of Kankara is with immediate effect.
The spokesman for the Katsina Emirate Council, Iro Bindawa, confirmed the development. He said:
''Yes, the district head has been suspended and he is currently under investigation. The outcome of the investigation will determine the next line of action to be taken by the Emirate.”