A Fresh Bomb Blast Hits Maiduguri

A Fresh Bomb Blast Hits Maiduguri

A huge explosion that echoed all over Maiduguri town has just happened near the city’s main market, a place where two suicide bombers killed dozens of people last Saturday,  March 7th.

According to the Premium Times, a witness near the location of explosion said that the incident occurred along the popular Ahmadu Bello way which leads to the Monday market Maiduguri.

The explosion just happened now along the Ahmadu Bello way. We don’t know if it is a suicide bombing. People are running away from the market area as I speak to you now,” said Abba Shehu, a security operative.

The fresh Monday Market bomb blast occurred at about 4:35pm on Tuesday, March 10th, in which many people reportedly were feared dead.

Witnesses said that there were two explosions.

There have been two blasts this afternoon, one targeting the fish section of the Monday Market and the other one at Gida Madara,” said Abubakar Gamandi, who heads the fishermen’s union in Borno state.

Nobody is allowed close to the scenes of the blast,” said Bukar Ali, who was also in the area when both explosions went off.

READ ALSO: Multiple Bomb Attacks Claims 100 Lives In Maiduguri 

Security forces in Nigeria say at least 5 people have been killed in a market in Maiduguri.

According to Daily Post suicide bomber killed 19 people, injured many.

A civilian JTF, Mustapha Idi,  who managed to organise information amidst rescue operation defined that assault as “deadly and terrible”.

We have so far been  able to carry about 30 corpses to the hospital and over 30 seriously injured people apart from those that ran away from the scene wounded and those that  went to hospital on their own not by the security agents vehicles.

On the identity of the suicide bomber, Mustapha said; “We are yet to ascertain whether it is a female or male suicide bomber as everybody is now busy."

A hospital source who could muster any information on the casualty figure only said, at the moment there are 34 deaths and 42 wounded people.

Multiple bomb blasts rock Borno State capital on Saturday, March 7th. Officials said that 58 people lost their lives in terror attacks, some other sources put the death toll up to 100.

No group took the responsibility for the raids, but it is believed to be the Boko Haram insurgents. The group organised a lot of suicide raids this year.

Boko Haram recently announced allegiance to the Islamic State (ISIS).

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel