The terrorist group, Boko Haram has kidnapped no fewer than 40 women in a recent attack carried out in Wagga village, Adamawa State.
PMnews reported that one Enoch Mark, whose daughter and niece are among the abducted Chibok girls revealed that the attack was carried out on Saturday.
READ ALSO: Boko Haram Leader Claims Gwoza In New Video
He said since Friday last week that the Nigerian military announced a seized fire with the terrorists; they have continued to launch attacks on several communities.
In a related development, AFP reports that the Nigerian military officers on the epicenter of the troubled states confronting insurgency said they were yet to receive operational order that they should cease fire.
“Honestly, we are yet to receive any operational order on the ceasefire. As such, we are battle-ready and would confront the terrorists if we see them,” a senior military officer said.
It was also reported that another senior intelligence official in the North East had hinted that he had not received word about the ceasefire deal.
Meanwhile, witnesses and security sources on Sunday evening revealed that troops from the 7th Division of the Nigerian Army engaged dozens of suspected members of Boko Haram in a gun duel at Damboa town, Borno state.
It was gathered from a military officer who spoke on condition of anonymity that the terrorists had earlier attacked Sabon Gida town, Borno State.
A local trader, who gave his name as Bilyaminu Aliyu said the fight was tough and it seems the insurgents wanted to destroy everything in Sabon Gida, adding that the insurgents came around 5:00 pm (1600 GMT) and the fight was over at about 6:00 pm.
Meanwhile, this recent attacks have reportedly violated the ceasefire agreement entered with the Nigerian military.
However, Boko Haram terrorist is expected to release the over 234 school girls that were abducted in Chibok, Borno State on April 14, 2014, today (Monday) following the ceased fire agreement entered between the sect and the government.