Anambra Govt, Police Send Strong Message to Residents Amid IPOB Sit-At-Home Threat

Anambra Govt, Police Send Strong Message to Residents Amid IPOB Sit-At-Home Threat

  • Residents of Anambra state have been assured of their safety following the sit-at-home threat of the Indigenous People of Biafra
  • The affirmation was given by the state government and Anambra police command with the promise that they have plans in place
  • IPOB, a proscribed group in the southeast region, had declared a sit-at-home order to be observed from Monday, August 9

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Anambra state - The police command in Anambra and the state government have reacted to the sit-at-home threat of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

The Punch reports that both the government and police have assured citizens of protection, adding that measures had been put in place to ensure that the people would not be intimidated.

Governor Obiano
Anambra state government has said measures will be in place to ensure that the residents are safe. Photo credit: @WillieObiano
Source: Facebook

According to C-Don Adinuba, the state commissioner for information and public enlightenment, the government has big plans to ensure that the people are safe.

Read also

Revealed: Nigerian police name suspected top financier of IPOB/ESN

Though Adinuba didn't disclose details of the plan, the state police command has, however, said there was no need for panic.

Police spokesman Ikenga Tochukwu on his part added that the command was committed to the protection of the people of Anambra state.

IPOB declares sit-at-home every Monday

The proscribed secessionist group according to Vanguard had declared an indefinite sit-at-home every Monday from August 9, till their leader Nnamdi Kanu is released.

IPOB through its media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful, announced that the lockdown would be from 6:00am to 6:00pm in the southeast region.

While vowing to cripple the Nigerian economy, IPOB explained that the directive was designed to show the world how serious they are towards the fight for Biafra independence.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Read also

Compel National Assembly to aid southeast’s exit from Nigeria - Northern politicians tell court

This is war against Ndigbo

Earlier, the director-general of the Voice of Nigeria (VON), Osita Okechukwu described the threat by IPOB to impose a weekly lockdown on the southeast zone as waging atrocious war against Ndigbo.

Okechukwu in a statement on Sunday, August 1, warned that IPOB's planned lockdown every Monday of the week will have a negative effect on the southeast zone.

He argued that such a decision which will not deliver meaningful results for the region.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel