- Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has reacted to reports that Baba Ijesha might be released from custody soon
- The movie star said she had been fighting for the case to be moved to Abuja to avoid something like that from happening
- Tonto said her inside knowledge of the case has made it become a war she is ready to fight
Popular Nigerian actress, Tonto Dikeh, who has been very vocal about the ongoing Baba Ijesha case, has taken to social media to react to new developments.
Tonto said that she knew already that something like this might happen and it was why she had been pushing for the case to be moved to Abuja.
This is war: Tonto Dikeh, Iyabo Ojo, 8 other celebs kicking against Baba Ijesha’s release from police custody
The film star added that she didn’t even mind paying for the accommodation, security and transportation of the victim’s team.
The obviously livid actress continued that because of her knowledge of the situation, it was going to be a war.
In the caption of her post, Tonto addressed the Lagos state government and asked why they were failing their sons and daughters.
She said that the 14-year-old girl who was seven when the incident happened was the daughter of the state. The actress then asked if they expected a mother to watch the act being carried out before stepping in to stop the assault.
Tonto then asked the state government if Baba Ijesha did not confess repeatedly to committing the crime.
See her post below:
This is coming after Legit.ng reported that Olanrewaju Omiyinka aka Baba Ijesha, may be released from police custody on Friday, April 30.
According to reports by PUNCH Metro, a senior officer at the Lagos state police command disclosed that the movie star’s freedom may be possible due to the ongoing strike of members of the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN).
He said since courts are not seating at the moment, the actor cannot be tried and therefore held in custody.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly