Breaking: Joy as Bandits Release Five More Kidnapped Kaduna Students

Breaking: Joy as Bandits Release Five More Kidnapped Kaduna Students

- No fewer than five students have again been released out of 39 students abducted in Kaduna state

- Five students were rescued on Monday, April 5, by the security agents

- The total number of the freed students now stands at 10 while 29 others are in kidnappers' den

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Barely three days after bandits released five students out of the 39 abducted from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka in Kaduna state, the kidnappers have released five more students

Sahara Reporters reports that 10 of the 39 students kidnapped from the school have regained freedom with the latest development.

Breaking: Joy as Bandits Release Five More Kidnapped Kaduna Students
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state had warned the parents of the students against paying ransom to the kidnappers. Credit: @elrufai
Source: Twitter

Legit.ng gathered the five students earlier released by the bandits on Monday, April 5, were taken to a military hospital for health evaluation.

The Nation also reports that 29 more students are now in captivity of their abductors.

Read also

JUST IN: After FG's juicy offer, fleeing inmates return to Imo correctional centre

According to the report, one of the parents, who confirmed the development said the freed students were picked up by police in the Giwa local government area of the state, adding that they were on their way to Kaduna town.

The parent reportedly said:

“Yes, five more of our children have been released. Presently, we are waiting for them to come into Kaduna. But I can confirm to you that they have already been picked by men of the Nigerian Police. We are yet to see them ourselves.
“As soon as they come in, they are going to be taken to the hospital for examination, but we are waiting to receive them first.”

The newspaper added that the state police command’s public relations officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, said he missed a call from the DPO in charge of Kidenda Giwa local government, who had possibly called to brief him on the development.

Read also

Breaking: Five of 39 abducted Kaduna College students regain freedom

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that following the incessant killings and abduction of innocent citizens of Nigeria, Governor Nasir El-Rufai declared that all bandits must be eliminated from the country.

It was reported that El-Rufai said the bandits have lost their rights to life under the constitution.

The governor made this known during a town hall meeting on national security organised by the state ministry of information and culture held in Kaduna on Thursday, April 8.

He said that no one in a position of responsibility can deny the need for sustained action against criminals, adding that security operations that were more proactive would cripple the outlaws and reassure ordinary citizens.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel