Boko Haram did not Shoot Down our Fighter Jet, NAF Dismisses Claims by Terrorists

Boko Haram did not Shoot Down our Fighter Jet, NAF Dismisses Claims by Terrorists

- Boko Haram lied about its claims on fighter jet, the Nigerian airforce has claimed

- Recall that the fighter jet recently off radar and the terrorists quickly claimed responsibility

- According to NAF, the crash was an accident and not as a result of attack

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Boko Haram has also been called out for lying about the crashed alpha jet. According to the Nigerian air force (NAF) the jet was not shot down by Boko Haram insurgents.

The air force had said the aircraft may have crashed as the two pilots on board were still missing.

Recall that Boko Haram, had in a video claimed they were responsible for it.

Boko Haram did not shoot down our fighter jet, NAF dismisses claims by terrorists
NAF has dismissed claims by terrorists on fighter jet. Photo: @NigAirForce
Source: Twitter

However, in a statement, sighted by Legit.ng on Facebook Edward Gabkwet, NAF spokesperson, said the crash was an accident.

He based this on an analysis of the video released by the terrorists which he said was deliberately doctored to give the false impression that the aircraft was shot down.

Read also

Sad moment as 2 people lose their lives after plane crashes during gender reveal stunt

He added:

“For instance, the video clip failed to show the correlation between the sporadic shooting, which even from casual observation was obviously aimed at ground targets, and the sudden mid-air aircraft explosion.
“In addition, it is almost impossible for an aircraft to have exploded mid-air, in the manner depicted in the video, and still have a good part of its fuselage, including its tail, intact. Indeed, an explosive impact of that nature would have scattered the debris of the aircraft across several miles.

Going further, NAF said the terrorists were only employing false propaganda in claiming responsibility in a crash that could have been caused by many issues.

As a result of this, he advised that the video be ignored.

Meanwhile, the federal government has said that security agents have arrested some Nigerians funding Boko Haram terrorists.

The senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, made this known on Tuesday, March 30, while featuring on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme.

Read also

BREAKING: Soldiers, captain behind Niger coup attempt arrested

Legit.ng gathered that Shehu insisted that people would be shocked when details of the investigation on how the sums of money were transferred to the group would be fully disclosed.

Legit.ng had previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, March 30, ordered the service chiefs and other security and intelligence coordinators of the nation to mark and take them out.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that the president said he would not sit and watch while bandits, kidnappers and their sponsors continue to cause mayhem in the country.

The National Security Adviser (NSA), Major-General Babagana Monguno, disclosed this after a security meeting, chaired by the Nigerian president in the State House, Abuja.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel