Sunday Igboho: Seriki Fulani finally breaks silence, says he lost seven men, N500m to invasion

Sunday Igboho: Seriki Fulani finally breaks silence, says he lost seven men, N500m to invasion

- Seriki Fulani of Igangan, Salihu AbdulKadir, has recounted his ordeals over the invasion of his community

- A Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho, had on Friday, January 22, stormed the town after the expiration of the quit notice he gave to the herders

- AbdulKadir, however, noted that properties worth N500million were destroyed

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Following the crisis that occurred at Igangan in Ibarapa North local government area of Oyo state over the seven days ultimatum given to Fulani herders to vacate the town by Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, the Seriki Fulani, Salihu AbdulKadir, has finally reacted.

The Nation reports that AbdulKadir, who is the head of Fulani herdsmen in the local government, alleged that Igboho and his supporters killed seven men during the invasion of Fulani settlement.

Legit.ng gathered that AbdulKadir said seven Fulanis and properties worth over N500m were lost to the invasion.

Read also

Ooni of Ife to Sunday Igboho - Don’t take laws into your hands

Sunday Igboho: I lost seven men, N500m to invasion, Seriki Fulani declares
The Seriki Fulani in Igangan, Salihu AbdulKadir, said he lost his seven men to the crisis. Credit: The Sun, BBC.
Source: UGC

He also denied complicity in some of the alleged kidnapping incidents in the area, especially the killing of a Havard-trained indigene, Dr. Fatai Aborode, who was gruesomely murdered by suspected herdsmen.

Speaking in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara state, on Thursday, January 28, he denied allegations against him were concocted by Igboho with the sole purpose of getting the Fulani out of Igangan and other parts of Yorubaland.

The Seriki also called on the federal government to probe the burning of his house, vehicles and the killing of seven of his men in Igangan by alleged agents of Sunday Igboho.

He said he and his family have been living in Igangan for over 50 years without any challenges from anybody either in Igangan or any other places.

The Fulani leader said he would like the federal government to investigate the killing of his men, adding that anyone found guilty should face the law.

Read also

Herdsmen crisis: Buhari backs Akeredolu, asks governor to flush out criminals

AbdulKadir, however, noted that he was not aware of the killing of one Aborode, adding that where the PhD holder was killed in a neighbouring town, not Igangan.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that in what would surprise many people, President Muhammad Buhari backed Governor Rotimi Akeredolu over his fight against killer herdsmen in Ondo state.

It was reported that specifically, Buhari asked Akeredolu to flush out all the criminals in his state, especially the forest reserves.

In a related report, Sule Lamido, a former governor of Jigawa state, accused the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and other leaders of the party from the southern of being unfair to the Fulani ethnic group with their silence.

Lamido said that Tinubu, the minister of transport, Rotimi Amaechi; minister of labour, Chris Ngige and former governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha among those whose silence has triggered the hatred against the Fulanis.

He said the ‘hatred’ against the Fulani ethnic group which reached a crescendo with ultimatums issued in Oyo and Ondo states for them to vacate was “fuelled as a result of the failure of the Nigerian government which is currently headed by a Fulani man (Buhari).

Source: Legit

Online view pixel