- Entertainers in the music and movie industry are known to coin different names when they come into the limelight
- Many of them only use their real names for official purposes
- Legit.ng has compiled a list of 30 Nigerian celebrities and their real names
For many in the entertainment industry, image building is an important aspect of their career and this is why a lot of effort goes into making sure that a singer, actor, actress, e.t.c, strike the right chords with the public at all times.
There are different factors to be considered whenever a creative makes the debut into the limelight, but one out of several important things that can make or mar an individual’s career is the choice of name.
A case in point is the popular Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) reality show. Participants are known to usually dump their real names or adopt some stylistic effects just to catch the attention of the voting public.
This is also similar in the music industry. Artistes are known to put in a lot of effort and consideration into choosing their stage names. It usually has to be one that is easy on the mouth, sweet to the ears and quick to remember.
Amid all these, a lot of celebrities have been forced to shove their real names down the hole and only whip it up when they have to sign documents or carry out other official transactions.
In light of this, Legit.ng has compiled a list of 30 famous Nigerian superstars and their birth-given names.
Check them out below:
1. Davido - David Adeleke
2. Burna Boy - Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
3. Wizkid - Ayodeji Balogun
4. Naira Marley – Azeez Fashola
5. Ice Prince - Panshak Henry Zamani
6. DJ Cuppy - Florence Otedola
7. Teni - Teniola Apata
8. Wande Coal - Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe
9. Tekno - Augustine Miles Kelechi
10. 2face - Innocent Ujah Idibia
11. Jenifa – Funke Akindele Bello
12. Don Jazzy - Michael Collins Ajereh
13. Dbanj - Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo
14. Waje - Aituaje Iruobe
15. Asa - Bukola Elemide
16. Seyi Shay - Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua
17. Niyola - Eniola Akinbo
18. MC Galaxy - Innocent Udeme Udofot
19. Harrysong - Harrison Tare Okiri
20. Peruzzi - Tobechukwu Victor Okoh
21. Mayorkun - Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel
22. Dija - Hadiza Blell
23. Reekado Banks- Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly
24. Fireboy DML - Adedamola Adefolahan
25. Humblesmith - Ekenedirichukwu Ijemba
26. B RED - Adebayo Adeleke
27. DR SID - Sidney Onoriode Esiri
28. Taaooma - Apaokagi Maryam
29. RMD - Richard Mofe Damijo
30. Pa James - Kayode Olasehinde