Insecurity: Nigerian military using internationally approved practices, American journalist says

Insecurity: Nigerian military using internationally approved practices, American journalist says

- A conflict resolution expert and journalist has analysed Nigerian military's effort in ending insurgency

- Daniel Furnad said the military operates using internationally approved best practices

- Furnad said the military has given protection to women, children, media and other vulnerable people

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

An American journalist, Daniel Furnad, has carefully analysed the security situation in Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Furnad who is also a conflict resolution expert said that the Nigerian military under the present administration is tackling terrorism within the best international standard and rules of engagement.

The journalist said this while speaking via Skype at a conference for non-governmental organisations, conflict managers, journalists, and civil society organisations.

The event themed: 'Appraising the Buhari Administration and the War Against Insurgency: the Year 2020 in Perspective' took place at the International Conference Centre in Abuja and was attended by Legit.ng reporter.

Read also

ICC must not investigate Nigerian military - Group declares

At the event, experts thoroughly evaluated the military's operations in the outgoing year, noting the challenges, losses, and gains.

According to Furnad, the Nigerian military, its leadership, and troops are prosecuting the war against terrorism, banditry, and other criminal vices in the country in accordance with its operational code of conduct and international best practices.

Furnad commended the military for giving special protection to women, children, journalists, medical personnel, internally displaced persons and other key actors caught up in the war. 

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the abducted students of Government Science Secondary School were released on Friday, December 18.

The students' release was announced by the special assistant to the president on social media, Lauretta Onochie.

According to Onochie, the release was confirmed by an official of the Katsina state government.

Also, a former governor of Ekiti state, Kayode Fayose, has reacted to the abduction and release of the Kankara schoolboys.

Read also

Kankara abduction: End insecurity now or get this from us - NUT threatens FG

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Fayose said the whole development and incidents surrounding the insurgency was shrouded in secrecy.

How best can President Buhari tackle insecurity | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel