Coronavirus: Plateau governor Lalong tests positive for COVID-19, goes into isolation

Coronavirus: Plateau governor Lalong tests positive for COVID-19, goes into isolation

- Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau state has tested positive for COVID-19

- The governor's result came out days after he underwent a test with his family

- Lalong has directed his deputy, Sonny Tyoden, to take over the mantle of leadership in his absence

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Simon Lalong, the governor of Plateau state, has tested positive for COVID-19, following a test he and members of his family carried out.

Nigerian Tribune reports that the news was broken by the governor’s director of press and public, Makut Macham, in a statement in Jos on Thursday, December 17.

Legit.ng gathered that the governor’s test result returned positive while all members of his family tested negative.

Coronavirus: Plateau governor Lalong tests positive for COVID-19, goes into isolation
Governor Simon Lalong has tested positive for COVID-19
Source: UGC

He said that the governor, who is asymptomatic, has gone into isolation while his close aides are being tested, adding that he had directed his deputy, Sonny Tyoden, to handle all state matters in his absence.

Read also

El-Rufai takes this crucial decision to fight COVID-19 in Kaduna

The statement read:

“As a result, the governor will henceforth work from home during the period of treatment. All state matters requiring the governor’s physical presence will be handled by the Deputy governor.
“The governor uses the opportunity to urge all citizens of Plateau State to observe all COVID-19 protocols as the pandemic is still prevalent."

The statement said the governor uses the opportunity to urge all citizens of Plateau State to observe all COVID-19 protocols as the pandemic is still prevalent.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the governor of Lagos, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, tested positive for the coronavirus.

It was reported that Akin Abayomi, the Lagos commissioner for health, confirmed Sanwo-Olu’s COVID-19 positive status via Twitter on Saturday, December 12.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He said a test conducted on the governor on Friday, December 11, indicated that the governor was infected with the disease.

Read also

2023: Oyo deputy governor clears air on his alleged governorship ambition

Abayomi stated that the Sanwo-Olu is experiencing a mild case of the disease and is currently being treated at home by a medical team.

In a related report, the Lagos state ministry of health gave a fresh update a few days after Governor Sanwo-Olu contracted COVID-19.

In a tweet by the commissioner for health in Lagos, Akin Abayomi, Governor Sanwo-Olu is responding well to treatment.

How Nigeria's COVID-19 cases rose from 7000 to over 20,000 in one month | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel