REPORT: Trump lost the 2020 election but raised $207.5million since

REPORT: Trump lost the 2020 election but raised $207.5million since

- The campaign team of President Donald Trump is still receiving donations and it seems to be on a steady rise

- The campaign has raked in all of $207.5million (over N78billion) since the US president lost the election

- The funds have further triggered the narrative that Trump will contest the 2024 presidential election

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see News on your Facebook News Feed!

A report by the New York Times indicates that President Donald Trump’s nonstop fund-raising in the month after his loss at the polls has seen his campaign team rake in $207.5million (over N78billion) since.

Even in defeat, President Trump continued to raise money at some of the fastest rates of the year, the report noted.

The report further noted that Trump’s campaign apparatus has continued to aggressively solicit donations.

While 75 percent of donations goes to a new political action committee that Trump formed in mid-November, the other 25 percent goes to the Republican National Committee.

Read also

Trump's lawyer leading lawsuits against US election results seeks pardon

REPORT: Trump lost the 2020 election but raised $207.5million since
Speculations are already rife that Trump will contest again in 2024. Photo credit: @nytimes
Source: Twitter

Bill Stepien, Trump’s campaign manager, said in a statement:

“These tremendous fund-raising numbers show President Trump remains the leader and source of energy for the Republican Party.”

Trump has not formally conceded the 2020 race but has begun talking about running again in 2024.

He has repeatedly challenged the presidential results in court with virtually no success.

Meanwhile, Rudolph Giuliani, the personal defence lawyer to Trump has reportedly discussed the possibility of receiving a pre-emptive pardon from the US President before he leaves office.

According to media reports, though it's not clear who brought up the conversion, both men recently talked about a pardon for Giuliani.

It was gathered that Trump’s lawyer led the most extensive efforts to damage the president’s political rivals and undermine the election results.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Read also

US election: Donald Trump suffers another defeat as result of vote recount is announced (see details)

Earlier, reported that Michael Flynn is finally off the hook as he was recently granted a presidential pardon by President Trump.

The announcement of the pardon to the US former national security adviser was made on Wednesday, November 25, by President Trump in a tweet.

The long-awaited decision was made months after Flynn was fired following his admittance and guilty plea to lying to the FBI about contacts with a Russian official.

3 Nigerians who shone brightly at the US elections | Legit TV


Online view pixel