- The APC has constituted a 49-man committee to be in charge of campaign organization of the party’s governorship election in Edo state
- Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has been named chairman of the committee while Imo state governor, Hope Uzodimma as the deputy chairman
- The campaign council was approved by the national chairman of the APC caretaker committee
Kano state governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has been appointed as the chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC)'s 49-man campaign council for the Edo state governorship election.
TVC News reports that his Imo state counterpart, Hope Uzodimma was named as deputy chairman and Abbas Braimoh as the secretary of the national campaign team ahead of the September election.
The ruling party in a statement signed on Thursday, July 2, by Yekini Nabena, the deputy national publicity secretary, said Governor Mai Mala Buni, the chairman of the caretaker committee approved the campaign council.
List of members are:
1. H.E. Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje – Chairman
2. H.E. (Sen.) Hope Uzodinma – Deputy Chairman
3. Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege – Member
4. H.E. Inuwa Yahaya – Member
5. H.E. Alh. Yahaya Bello – Member
6.H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu – Member
7.H.E. (Chief) John Odigie-Oyegun – Member
8. H.E. Comrade Adams Oshiomhole – Member
9. Sen. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko – Member
10. H.E. Sen. Godswill Akpabio – Member
11. H.E. Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu – Member
12. H.E. Sen. Owelle Roachas Okorocha – Member
13. H.E. Timipre Sylva – Member
14. H.E. Dr. Pius Odubu – Member
15. Sen. Degi Eremiemyo Biobaraku – Member
16. H.E. Prof. Oserheimen A. Osunbor – Member
17. H.E. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan -Member
18. Sen. John Owan Enoh – Member
19. Rt. Hon. E.J. Agbonayiman – Member
20. Engr. Babachir Lawal – Member
21. Prince B.B. Apugo – Member
22. Gen. Charles Airhiavbere – Member
23. Hon. Peter Akpatason – Member
24. Hon. Patrick Alsowleren – Member
25. Hon. Johnson Oghuma – Member
26. Hon. Prof. Julius Ihonvbere – Member
27. Hon. Pally Iriase – Member
28. Hon. Dennis Idahosa – Member
29. Mrs. Rachel Akpabio – Member
30. Mr. Bolaji Afeez – Member
31. Engr. Gabriel Iduseri – Member
32. Chief Cairo Ojougboh – Member
33. Patrick Obahiagbon – Member
34. Chief Ayiri Emami – Member
35. Hon. Abubakar Adagu Suberu – Member
36. Usman Nahuche – Member
37. Engr. Chidi Orji – Member
38. Dr. Almajiri Giadam – Member
39. Sen. Sa’idu Umar Kumo – Member
40. Chief Pius Akinyelure – Member
41. Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi – Member
42. Chief Solomon Edebiri – Member
43. Prof. Ebegue Amadasun – Member
44. Hon. Saturday Uwulekue – Member
45. Hon. Osaro Obaze – Member
46. Chief Samuel Ogbuku – Member
47. Miss. Rinsola Abiola – Member
48. Theresa Tekenel – Member
49. Hon. Abbas Braimoh – Member/Secretary
Meanwhile, ahead of the Ondo state gubernatorial race, an official of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) confirmed that the party will be screening its candidates in Abuja, on Thursday, July 2.
According to a report by Premium Times, Yakubu Dogara, former speaker of the House of Representatives, was named by the party's leadership as chairman of the committee
Members of the 5-man committee include Bunmi Jenyo as the secretary, Zainab Kure, Fred Agbedi, and Ndubuisi Agwuama.
The national publicity secretary of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, said the screening is scheduled to hold at the PDP national secretariat.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the INEC released the list of party candidates vying for the seat of Edo government house.
The electoral body, in a tweet on Tuesday, June 30, recognized both Osagie Ize-Iyamu and Governor Godwin Obaseki as the flagbearers of their respective parties.
Reeling out the names of the party flagbearers, INEC announced Philips Shaibu as the running mate of the Edo governor and Audu Abudu Ganyu as Ize-Yamu's running mate.
The electoral commission also announced that 14 political parties will be vying for the soul of Edo state come September.
In a bid to reconcile all its aggrieved members ahead of the forthcoming Ondo and Edo governorship elections, the APC set up reconciliatory committees.
The committees are to reunite leaders and members of the ruling party in both states as it prepares for the elections. The chairman of the caretaker committee inaugurated the groups on Tuesday, June 30.
APC sacks NWC, appoints caretaker committee | Legit TV