Most Hollywood stars are multi-talented, and they are often not shy about exposing their different abilities and gifts. Jamie-Lynn Sigler is a celebrity who is known both as a singer and an actress. Her journey in the limelight has been fruitful, but not without a fair share of struggles. The singer and actress recently opened up about how she is still coming to terms with multiple sclerosis (MS.)
Jamie-Lynn Sigler is mainly known to most fans as Meadow Soprano in The Sopranos, an HBO series that was very successful. She has also starred in different television shows and movies. Besides acting, she has a fantastic singing voice. As a songstress, she is known for the singles Cry Baby and Bada Bing.
- Name: Jamie-Lynn Sigler
- Date of birth: May 15, 1981
- Place of birth: Jericho, New York, United States of America
- Age: 38 years
- Zodiac sign: Taurus
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Mixed (Greek Jewish, Romanian Jewish, Albanian Jewish and Cuban)
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches (1.6 metres/ 160 centimetres)
- Weight: 54 kgs (119 lbs.)
- Measurements: 36-25-34
- Dress size: 6 (U.S.)
- Shoe size: 8 (U.S.)
- Parents: Steve and Consuela (Lopez) Sigler
- Siblings: Brian & Adam Sigler
- Spouse: Abraxas "A. J." DiScala (2003-2005); Cutter Dykstra (2016 to date)
- Children: Beau Kyle Dykstra (born August 28, 2013) & Jack Adam Dykstra (born January 15, 2018)
- Occupation: Singer, author & actress
Jamie-Lynn Sigler's early life and ancestry
Jamie Lynn Sigler, the Meadow Soprano actress, was born on the 15th of May, 1981, in Jericho, New York, U.S.A. Presently, Jamie-Lynn Sigler age is 38 years, and her Zodiac sign is Taurus.
She was born in a family of three children, and she is the only female. Her older brothers' names are Adam and Brian. Adam died on the 12th of November 2014 following a brain haemorrhage that had caused him to go into a comatose state.
Her father, Steve Sigler, founded the Men's Senior Baseball League, and her mother's name is Consuela Lopez.
Is Jamie Lynn Sigler Italian? Although some of her fans believe that actress Meadow from Sopranos is Italian, she is of mixed descent.
Steve, her father, is of Greek Jewish, Romanian Jewish, and Albanian Jewish ancestry. On the other hand, Consuela Lopez is of Cuban descent, but she converted into Judaism from Catholicism after marrying Steve. Jamie-Lynn is fluent in both Spanish and Greek.
In previous interviews, Jamie-Lynn admitted that she loves Italian people and their culture. Most people assume she is Italian because she has previously played Italian roles in shows and films.
Jamie-Lynn went to Jericho Senior High School, and after graduating from this institution in 1999, she joined the Cultural Arts Playhouse that is located in Old Bethpage, New York.
She started acting when she was only seven years old, and while in high school, she was voted the class thespian.
Jamie-Lynn has a slender body, and she is of average height. She stands at 5 feet 3 inches (1.6 metres/ 160 centimetres) tall and weighs about 54 kgs (119 lbs.) Her bust, waist and hip measurements are 36, 25 and 34 inches, respectively. She wears size 8 shoes and dress size 6, both in US measurements.
How much is Jamie Lynn Sigler worth?
Many fans are curious to know Jamie Lynn Sigler net worth. Well, Jamie-Lynn Sigler 2019 net value was estimated at $12 million.
Jamie Lynn Sigler IMDB profile indicates that she is also an author in addition to being a sought-after actress and singer.
Jamie-Lynn started her career in the New York regional theatre at the age of seven years. So far, she has featured in numerous theatre productions.
The actress has starred in these television shows since 1997;
- The Sopranos (1997- 2007): The actress portrayed the character of Meadow Soprano in 72 episodes of this critically acclaimed television series. In the show, she was the daughter of Tony Soprano, a mob boss. It was this role that propelled her into the limelight, making her a much sought-after actress. Why did Jamie Lynn Sigler leave Sopranos? She left the show after it officially ended in 2007.
- Will & Grace (2005): She featured in this comedy show as Ro in two episodes.
- Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica: She appeared in the episode, The Orange Bowl, as Jamie-Lynn DiScala.
- Higglytown Heroes (2005-2007): She voiced Ms. Fern in three episodes of the show.
- The Gathering (2007): She featured in this mini-series as Maggy Rule.
- How I Met Your Mother (2008): Jamie-Lynn featured in the episode dubbed Woooo! as Jilian
- Entourage (2008-2009): The actress appeared as herself in 13 episodes. Jamie Lynn Sigler Entourage first joined the show as the love interest of Sal' Turtle' Assante (Jerry Ferrara). She later became his real-life girlfriend.
- Ugly Betty (2009): She featured as Natalie in five episodes.
- Backwash (2010): Jamie features as Prudence in the episode dubbed Chapter Eight: Lake Pupik.
- Criminal Behavior (2011): She starred in this television movie as Brooke Kross.
- Drop Dead Diva (2011): In the episode dubbed Change of Heart, she appeared as Tina Howard.
- Last Man Standing (2012): She starred in the episode, Take Your Daughter to Work, as Gabriella.
- Guys with Kids (2012): She featured in 17 episodes of the show as Emily.
- Dads (2014): She was Elsa in the episode whose title was Bully Gene.
- The Christmas Note (2015): The actress portrayed the character of Gretchen Daniels in this television movie.
- CSI: Cyber (2016): She portrayed the character of Sasha Boyd in the episode titled 5 Deadly Sins.
- Baby Daddy (2016): She starred in two episodes of this show as Sara Gilcrest.
- Magnum P.I. (2018): She acted as Toni in the episode whose title was Bad Day to Be A Hero.
- Elena of Avalor (2019-2020): She starred in the show as Princess Rebeca.
Jamie-Lynn has featured in the following movies;
- A Brooklyn State of Mind (1998): She featured as young Angie.
- Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss (2004): This was a television movie in which the actress portrayed the character of Heidi Fleiss.
- Campfire Stories (2001): She acted as Natalie. While filming this film, the actress fell ill and was paralysed for a few days.
- Death of a Dynasty (2003): She was the third sexy woman.
- Extreme Dating (2005): She acted as Amy Baker.
- Love Wrecked (2005): She was Alexis Manetti in the movie.
- Homie Spumoni (2006): She acted as Alli Butterman.
- Blinders (2006): She featured in this short film as Alexa.
- Dark Ride (2006): She was Cathy in this movie.
- New York City Serenade (2007): She featured in the film as Lynn.
- Trophy Wife (2010): She was in this short film as Christina.
- Beneath the Dark (2010): She acted as Adrienne.
- Divorce Invitation (2012): She featured in the movie as Dylan.
- I Do (2012): She was Ali Federman in this movie.
- Jewtopia (2012): She acted as Hannah Daniels.
- Anatomy of the Tide (2015): She was Gina Harper in this film.
- Justice (2017): She portrayed the character of Melissa Green in this movie.
- Gangster Land (2017): She acted as Lulu Rolfe.
Besides acting, Jamie-Lynn is a good singer. She released her album, Here to Heaven, in 2001 but it did not perform well.
Edel America Records released the album, and some of the songs in this collection were Cry Baby, Bada Bing, Pressure and Ole Ole. The singer admitted that she was not proud of the album because she hated the process of making it. In 2012, she released a collaborative single dubbed You with Romeo Santos.
In 2002, the actress, singer and author published her autobiography, Wise Girl, which was received well and got good reviews. In the autobiography, she documented her life story, including her struggles in life.
Awards and nominations
So far, Jamie has received 11 award nominations, and she has bagged five awards. These are;
- In 2001, she was nominated for the award of Outstanding Actress in a Television Series for her role in The Sopranos.
- In 2002, she was nominated for the award of Outstanding Actress in a Television Series for her work in The Sopranos.
- In 2009, she was nominated for the award of Actress in Television – Comedy for her work in Entourage.
FilmOut San Diego, United States
- In 2013, she won the award of Best Supporting Actress for her work in I Do.
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- In 2000, she won the award of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series together with other cast and crew members for their work in The Sopranos.
- In 2001, she was nominated for the award of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for her work in The Sopranos. She shared the nomination with other members of cast and crew.
- In 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2007, she was nominated, alongside other cast and crew members, for the prize of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for their roles in The Sopranos.
- In 2008, the actress won the award of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for her role in The Sopranos. She shared this award with other cast and crew members, including Greg Antonacci, Edie Falco, Michael Imperioli, Lorraine Bracco, Steve Schirripa, and many others.
TV Land Awards
- In 2008, the actress was nominated alongside Robert Iler for the award of Siblings That Make You Grateful for Your Own Crazy Family for their work in The Sopranos.
Young Artist Awards
- In 2000 and 2001, Jamie-Lynn was nominated for the Best Performance in a TV Drama Series - Supporting Young Actress award for her work in The Sopranos.
- In 1999, she won the prize of Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama TV Series, and in 2000, she won the award of Best Young Actress/Performance in a Drama TV Series. Both the prizes were for her work in The Sopranos.
Jamie Lynn Sigler husband
The singer, actress and author is currently in her second marriage. Her first husband was Abraxas "A. J." DiScala, an Italian-American man whom she met at the age of 19.
Initially, he was her manager, but the two started dating after she turned 21. In September 2002, the couple announced their engagement then solemnised their marriage on the 11th of July 2003.
The wedding ceremony was held in Brooklyn Botanic Garden, New York, United States of America. Carly Simon, who was one of the guests, sang the songs My Romance, Nobody Does It Better and Moon River.
The glorious ceremony was featured in InStyle Magazine's February 2004 issue and Celebrity Weddings: In Style, an ABC Special. Following the marriage, the actress changed her name to Jamie-Lynn DiScala. Unfortunately, the couple separated in September 2005, and she dropped his name.
In 2008, she and Jerry Ferrara, a co-star on Entourage, began dating. The couple parted ways in 2009, and she later dated Mark Sanchez, who is a football player.
In 2012, she and Cutter Dykstra started dating. Cutter is the son of Lenny Dykstra, a prominent Major League Baseball star. The couple announced their engagement on the 28th of January 2013.
In February 2013, the couple announced their pregnancy, and the actress put to birth a son named Beau Kyle Dykstra on the 28th of August 2013. The couple then got married in Palm Springs, California, United States, on the 16th of January 2016.
The ceremony was officiated by Lance Bass, who is a former member of *NSYNC. On the 15th of January 2018, the actress delivered the couple's second son. His name is Jack Adam Dykstra, and the name Adam is in honour of the actress' late brother.
Jamie Lynn Sigler MS
Does Jamie Lynn Sigler have MS? Yes, the actress has multiple sclerosis (MS.) She disclosed that she was diagnosed with the condition when she was only 20 years old.
At the time, she was filming The Sopranos. MS is a condition that affects the central nervous system, and over two million people are living with it.
Some of the struggles she faces due to the disease are difficulty with bladder control, spasticity and walking impairments.
Today, the actress admits that the condition has made her a strong woman. She is quick to pinpoint that living with MS is not a death sentence and that people who suffer from the disease can live to their fullest, like any other human being.
She has also admitted that she sometimes struggles to look normal in public and that making her struggle with MS public is hard. She is still in the process of owning her condition and body and not trying to cover it up as she did for many years.
Besides MS, the author, singer and actress also struggled with an eating disorder in the late 1990s. She has since overcome the disorder and is a healthy adult now.
She serves as a spokesperson for the National Eating Disorders Association. Years back, she was also paralysed from the waist down as a result of Lyme disease. Her ordeal gave her a fresh perspective on life.
Did Hollywood cast her after her MS diagnosis?
In recent years, Jamie-Lynn has not been very active in Hollywood. She seems to have slowed down in her acting career, partly because she is a mother now and she is still struggling with MS. Her children and family are her top priority at the moment.
In the past, the actress hid her struggle with MS because she thought that no one would offer her an acting gig if she disclosed her battle with the condition. She admitted that since she opened up about her struggle, she has been having a hard time finding acting jobs. Nonetheless, she keeps her head high and is not ashamed of her condition.
Jamie-Lynn Sigler Instagram
The actress is very active on social media, especially on Instagram. Her official Instagram page has at least 168,000 followers who get to see Jamie-Lynn Sigler hot pictures on this account. She also updates all her fans and followers about important events in her personal life and career. Besides Instagram, she also has an official Twitter account with over 72.9k followers.
Jamie-Lynn Sigler is an actress, singer and author who surprised many people in 2016 when she made it public that she had been battling MS for years. She is best known to her fans as Meadow Soprano from the critically acclaimed series, The Sopranos. Although her life has had ups and downs, her strength and zeal to keep going are some of the attributes that make her fans love her more.