The iPhone 6s Plus is still treasured by many all over the world. What iPhone 6s Plus features make the device one to go for?
Apple launched the iPhone 6s Plus in September 2015. It comes in four different colours. The iPhone 6s Plus price depends on the ROM of the handset. The price starts at 103,000 Naira for the 16GB model. The 64GB model costs 125,000 Naira, while the 128GB model goes for about 185,000 Naira.
iPhone 6s Plus overview
When it comes to the purchase of a new gadget, you should first learn its weak and strong points.
- A large display.
- A fuss-free camera.
- Faster CPU and higher graphics performance than its predecessors.
- 3D Touch technology.
- Good-enough battery capacity.
- Ultrafast LTE Advanced wireless connectivity.
- Offers faster response to your actions thanks to a new Taptic engine.
- It is a bit heavy.
- The price is high.
- It needs more big-screen software features.
- It does not have hybrid slots.
- No wireless charging.
- No infrared blaster.
- No FM radio.
iPhone 6s Plus specs
- iPhone 6s Plus release date: September 2015
- Screen size: 5.5-inches
- Screen type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Weight: 192 grams
- OS: iOS 9
- CPU: Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister
- Main camera: 12MP
- Selfie camera: 5MP
- iPhone 6s Plus memory: 2GB RAM
- ROM: 16/32/64/128GB
- 4G LTE: Yes
- Colours: Rose Gold, Gold, Space Grey, Silver
- Bonus features: An accelerometer, a three-axis gyro sensor, a barometer, a digital compass, a Touch ID fingerprint sensor, a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor
What about the hardware features of the handset?
The handset has a sleek design and comes in four different colours: Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, and Space Grey. The rounded metal body of the smartphone looks premium. Its body measures 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3mm.
The weight of the gadget is 192 grams. Thus, you might feel particular discomfort after holding it for a long time with one hand. On the right, you will find the power button. The left side of the handset houses the volume keys.
In general, the design of the iPhone 6s Plus is almost the same as that of the iPhone 6 Plus. The only difference is that the first-mentioned device has got the S-logo on its rear side.
The handset has a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It has a pixel density of 401 ppi and a contrast ration of 1300:1. The pictures viewed on its screen are clear, sharp, and true-to-life.
The toughened glass protects the display with a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.
Processor, storage & performance
The handset comes with an advanced A9 chip with 64-bit architecture. Thanks to such advantageous features, the CPU of the gadget provides higher graphics performance up to (90%) and faster performance (of up to 70%). Thus, you can manage various applications and turn playing interactive games into a stress-free experience.
The gadget comes with 2GB of RAM. It is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB ROM variants that is not expandable via a microSD card.
iPhone 6s Plus battery life
The device has a 2,750mAh Li-ion battery. The battery capacity is enough for 24 hours of talk time over 3G and 16 days of use.
Speaker & call quality
The handset comes with a 3.5 mm jack and a loudspeaker. The gadget features the active noise cancellation feature with a dedicated microphone. The feature reduces background noise.
The device supports the following audio formats:
When it comes to viewing videos, the gadget supports the following formats:
What are the software features of the handset?
OS & features
The gadget runs on iOS 9. It comes with a clear and user-friendly interface. There are also a lot of various built-in applications that allow the gadget's owner to upload and exchange files, videos, and contacts.
The handset comes with the innovative 3D Touch technology. The sensors behind the display measure the pressure of your touch and respond to it, performing various actions.
The phone features a 6-digit passcode for security. On the Home button of the gadget, you can find a fingerprint sensor which analyses the fingerprint of its owner.
The connectivity options of the handset include:
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 4G LTE
iPhone 6s Plus camera, video, and image quality
The device features two cameras:
- The primary 12MP iSight camera
- The second 5MP FaceTime camera (f/2.2 aperture)
The second camera has the following features:
- 720p HD video recording
- Retina flash
- Auto HDR for photos and videos
- The Backside Illumination sensor
- Exposure control
- Burst mode
- Timer mode
- Face detection
These two lenses take sharp and detailed pictures, even in low light conditions.
Furthermore, the gadget offers the Live Photos feature, which makes it possible to transform images into the best living memories.
As for the video making ability of the camera, the gadget can record 4K videos even from a distance.
iPhone 6s Plus review
Although the Apple company has already released several new devices, the 6s Plus version is still one of the most popular choices among many. Here are people's opinions about the gadget:
- DumbleDore: I have this iPhone 6s Plus phone. Had it since 2015 and still going strong… I still do everything on it from mail, phone, watch videos, read news, etc with no complaints...
- Trick Daddy: I bought 6s+ in 2016 and I'm still using the same device. The performance is really good with the latest verison of IOS 12.4. I'm really satisfied with 6s+
The iPhone 6s Plus is an excellent combination of innovative design and cutting-edge technologies. It has a bigger size than the 6, which is a plus for fans of mobile gaming.
Although the gadget provides a range of useful facilities, it is still too expensive for some. Furthermore, there are a lot of handsets that offer better cameras, display size, battery, and storage capacity at lower costs.
If you are a dedicated fan of Apple devices and want something budget-friendly, then the iPhone 6s Plus is the right option for you.
Source: Legit.ng News