An intelligent and astute person is one who thinks and acts based on experience, insight, common sense and knowledge. There are many intelligent people from both the present and past generations. These people often have inspiring words to share with the rest of the world. Most of their wise quotes are drawn from personal experiences, while others are based on the experiences of others.
In different fields of work, many sagacious people have been recognised for their work. They have used their vast knowledge-base to change the lives of others positively. Through their wise quotes, human beings can tolerate life's uncertainties. They learn new things and are inspired to achieve the impossible.
Top inspirational wise quotes
For any human being to achieve their goals and purpose in life, they must be motivated and have optimism. There are numerous wise quotes to live by, which have been uttered by successful people. Some of the top wise quotes about life are;
- "The way get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney.
Walt dreamed about changing the animation industry. The dream only became a reality when he quit talking about it and took steps to actualise it.
- "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill.
In every difficulty, there is an untapped chance that can be exploited positively.
- "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today." - Will Rogers.
Yesterday and its problems are bygones. Learn to focus on today.
- "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi.
Life will often slap us with unexpected situations, but strong people always rise after a fall.
- "If you are working on something that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you." - Steve Jobs.
Self-drive in whatever interests you should push you to success.
- "People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Rob Siltanen.
When you believe in yourself, anything is possible.
Wise man quotes
In the past, many great men existed. They not only left a legacy in their fields of interest but also in their quotes about being wise. Their words are often are passed from one generation to another. They lived great lives and showed the world who an intelligent man is. Some of the most inspiring words about being a smart man are;
- "Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him." - Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” - Denis Waitley.
- "The foolish man conceives the idea of 'self.' The wise man sees there is no ground on which to build the idea of 'self;' thus, he has a right conception of the world and well concludes that all compounds amassed by sorrow will be dissolved again, but the truth will remain." - Buddha.
- "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus.
- “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy. ” - Anthony Robbins.
How I sold snacks on the streets to pay school fees after people disappointed me - Young graduate narrates (photos)
Wise women quotes
Numerous wise woman quotes teach females about their importance in society. Often, a woman needs a reminder that she is powerful and can achieve everything she sets out to conquer. Some of the wise life quotes that remind her so are;
- "Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others." - Amelia Earhart.
- "You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose." - Indira Gandhi.
- "When you reach the top, you should remember to send the elevator back down for the others." - Edith Piaf.
- "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. " - Oprah Winfrey.
- "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." - Janis Joplin.
- “Every girl and every woman, has the potential to make this world a better place, and that potential lies in the act of thinking higher thoughts and feeling deeper things. When women and girls, everywhere, begin to see themselves as more than inanimate objects; but as beautiful beings capable of deep feelings and high thoughts, this has the capacity to create change all around." - C. JoyBell C.
Man apologises to mum for not getting enough education, presents her with stunning mansion that gets social media talking (photos)
Funny wise quotes
In life, each human being faces different stresses and demands. Some of them weigh us down. Whenever we are feeling low and disheartened, these funniest wise quotes not only cheer us up but also renew our energy and will to continue living;
- "Life must bring ups and downs. In life's ring let's be clowns! Learn their way to make folk smile; Dullest day, hardest mile." - Wilhelmina Stitch.
- "Watching a person who successfully loses fifty pounds and changes her life is more inspirational than listening to a fitness coach with a perfect body." - Martin Meadows.
- "You are upgrading your technology, and you've not upgraded yourself!" - Eric Thomas.
- "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain.
- "I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." - Maya Angelou.
- "Friendship is like pe*ing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." - Robert Bloch.
Short wise quotes
Sometimes, all we need to recollect ourselves after a fall are wise inspirational quotes that are a few words long. Some of the best ones are;
- "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.
- "You can never plan the future by the past." - Edmund Burke.
- "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost.
- "Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard.
- "Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours." - C. S. Lewis.
- "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain.
Wise quotes about love
Many human beings desire to love and to be loved. However, love does not come easily. It takes people who are willing to love each other through thick and thin to survive the ups and downs of life. Some of the timeless words about love are;
- "Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk." - Dalai Lama.
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu.
- "The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention." - Richard Warren.
- "Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, love protects you from age." - Jeanne Moreau.
- "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen.
- "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment." - Sarah Dessen.
Wise quotes about change
Change is inevitable in life. Some changes come like ocean tides, while others happen gradually. Usually, change is difficult, so we must all learn how to cope with it. Some of the wise words quotes that can help us to deal with the changes in our lives are;
- "Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody." - Stephen Chbosky.
Nothing in life is constant. Everyone should expect change in their lives. Life has to go on, even when we experience difficult changes.
- "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." - Andre Gide.
Change is sometimes a good thing. When we accept it, we are able to see and exploit things we would not have in the past.
- "Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again." - Bikram Choudhury.
In life, you can always choose to start again. Starting again can happen at any time, age and place. Do not be afraid of new things in life.
- "When in doubt, choose change." - Lily Leung.
- "Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Marilyn Monroe.
Lady causes massive stir on social media as she advises women against dating men between 19 and 27, says it'll end in tears
Change may come with pain, but often, the results after the struggle are much better. When things appear to go wrong, we should be optimistic that better things are coming.
- "Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." - Lao Tzu.
Wise quotes about time
Human beings cannot alter the flow of time, but they can make the very best of it. Time is money, so it must be respected. We must all do the right thing at the correct time for our lives to be fruitful. Some of the best quotes about time are;
- "Lost time is never found again." - Benjamin Franklin.
- "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend." - Theophrastus.
- "The key is in not spending time, but in investing it." - Stephen R. Covey.
- "Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back." - Harvey Mackay.
- "The future is uncertain, but the end is always near." - Jim Morrison.
- "You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time." - Charles F. Kettering.
Wise quotes about life lessons
Each day, we learn a crucial life lesson. Sometimes, we forget the valuable lessons that would make our lives better. Some of the life lessons that we must always remember are;
- "If there's a thing I've learned in my life, it's to not be afraid of the responsibility that comes with caring for other people. What we do for love: those things endure. Even if the people you do them for don't" - Cassandra Clare.
- "Help someone, you earn a friend. Help someone too much, you make an enemy." - Erol Ozan.
- "In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness." - Toba Beta.
- "You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms." - Terence McKenna.
- "Don't beat yourself up for not knowing the answers. You don't always have to know who you are. You don't have to have the big picture, or know where you're heading. Sometimes, it's enough just to know what you're going to do next." - Sophie Kinsella.
- "Those people cannot enjoy comfortably what God has given them because they see and covet what He has not given them. All of our discontents for what we want appear to me to spring from want of thankfulness for what we have." - Daniel Defoe.
It takes intelligence and prudence to live a fulfilling life because there are many ups and downs that we face each day. We often need to be reminded of the most important life lessons to live by. These wise quotes are the best and easiest way to keep ourselves in check. Hopefully, you are inspired to live each day to the fullest.