Every human being has a pre-ordained path in life. We often think hard about what lies in our future. Do we have control over it or not? When you feel a little blue about life, these destiny quotes will remind you to remain positive and to take charge of your life.
What does destiny really mean? It refers to what is intended to be and what is written in the stars. Many people think that it is a divine decree. What decides our future and fate? Our decisions determine what becomes of our lives, and we have the power to control it as many destiny quotes remind us.
Top destiny quotes on life and love
Is there fate or destiny? Yes, there is. Fate comes from the word fatum, which means "things that have already been uttered." It usually has a negative connotation in society.
On the other hand, destiny refers to something that has been established firmly and usually has a positive connotation.
Most quotes from famous people and destiny quotes images found online remind us that we are in control of our future. We must, therefore, make carefully-deliberated decisions to make our future better.
Top quotes about destiny
What do you think is established in your life, and do you have the power to change or control it? While there is a divine decree on each human being's life, we can control what happens to us by making good choices today.
Below is a compilation of the top quotes on this subject to inspire, motivate and even challenge your perspective on life;
- Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined. – Deepak Chopra
- Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. – William Jennings Bryan
- Destiny is usually just around the corner. Like a thief, a hooker, or a lottery vendor: its three most common personifications. But what it does not do is home visits. You have to go for it. – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him. – Henry Miller
- Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny. – Frank Jackson
- I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve. – Albert Schweitzer
- Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting, and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something. – Ralph Marston
- You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own. – Mark Victor Hansen
- Destiny is something not be to desired and not to be avoided. It is a mystery not contrary to reason, for it implies that the world, and the course of human history, have meaning. – Dag Hammarskjold
- No amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is yours by divine decree, from you it cannot flee. – Umar
Destiny quotes on life
Every day, there is something new to learn about our lives and that of others. As we learn, grow, and develop, we ought to be conscious of our actions and how they affect our future. Famous and wise people have given us the following quotes on destiny and life to think about;
- What we call our destiny is truly our character, and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this fate. One is not in bondage to the past, which has shaped our feelings, to race, inheritance, background. All this can be altered if we have the courage to examine how it formed us. We can alter the chemistry provided we have the courage to dissect the elements. – Anais Nin
- Your soul knows the geography of your fate. Your soul alone has the map of your future, therefore, you can trust this indirect, oblique side of yourself. If you do, it will take you where you need to go, but more important it will teach you a kindness of rhythm in your journey. – John O'Donohue
- The chief condition on which, life, health, and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny. – – Colin Powell
- Working harder is not a sustainable solution, and it's not how people meet their fate. It's time to get more creative. Instead of choosing one thing we love over something else we love, we must ask, 'how can I do both?' And, then, we can find solutions. – Maynard Webb
- When you think of it, really there are four fundamental questions of life. You've asked them, I've asked them, every thinking person asks them. They boil down to this; origin, meaning, morality and destiny. 'How did I come into being? What brings life meaning? How do I know right from wrong? Where am I headed after I die? – Ravi Zacharias
- Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. – Princess Diana
- But from the point of view of daily life, without going deeper, we exist for our fellow-men-in the first place for those on whose smiles and welfare all our happiness depends, and next for all those unknown to us personally with whose destinies we are bound up by the tie of sympathy. – Albert Einstein
- Life is a journey of either fate or destiny. Fate is the result of giving in to one's wounds and heartaches. The latter unfolds when you rise above the challenges of your life and use them as divine opportunities to move forward to unlock your higher potential. – Caroline Myss
- When you try to think about your destiny and your fate, you have to realize that destiny is your frame of space, and the fate is what you make out of that space. You will need to work on yourself from the inside out to determine what is meant to be, but you should have a good idea of who you are, before you decide who it is that you would like to be. – Hamid Hacker
- People who never dream, or never set goals, let life go by day by day letting others determine their fate. Without advancing your dream through the process of setting plans to reach your goal, you are forced to accept what you have today. – Catherine Pulsifer
Believe in destiny quotes
Some people have the fallacious belief that no matter what they do, fate will have the final word in their lives. While there is a divine decree on everybody's life, we also have a role to play in shaping our lives. Here are some quotes on the power of believing in what is meant to be:
- There are winds of destiny that blow when we least expect them. Sometimes they gust with the fury of a hurricane, sometimes they barely fan one's cheek. But the winds cannot be denied, bringing as they often do a future that is impossible to ignore. – Nicholas Sparks
- That which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves. – Garth Stein
- As long as we are persistence in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow. We cannot choose the day or time when we will fully bloom. It happens in its own time. – Denis Waitley
- Anything that happens in your life was meant to happen. It is your destiny. I was meant to have the life I have now, and I can't have any regrets. – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Destiny is real. And she's not mild-mannered. She will come around and hit you in the face and knock you over and before you know what hit you, you're naked- stripped of everything you thought you knew and everything you thought you didn't know- and there you are! A bloody nose, bruises all over you, and naked. And it's the most beautiful thing. – C. JoyBell C.
- If you believe in destiny, then you know that you have a purpose. You know things happen for a reason, and that you should find out how to live up to that essence of what you're supposed to do and which direction you are determined to take. – V. Noot
- No man is great enough or wise enough for any of us to surrender our destiny to. The only way in which anyone can lead us is to restore to us the belief in our own guidance. – Henry Miller
- You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. – Steve Jobs
- For just one second, look at your life and see how perfect it is. Stop looking for the next secret door that is going to lead you to your real life. Stop waiting. This is it: there's nothing else. It's here, and you'd better decide to enjoy it or you're going to be miserable wherever you go, for the rest of your life, forever. – Lev Grossman
- Almost nothing important that ever happens to you happens because you engineer it. Destiny has no beeper; it always leans trench-coated out of an alley with some sort of 'psst' that you usually can't even hear because you're in such a rush to or from something important you've tried to engineer. – David Foster Wallace
My destiny quotes
The fruits of your future are dependent on the seeds you sow today. Do you need a reminder that you have the power to do things in the present to make your future brighter? If so, below are quotes to remind you of the power that lies inside you.
- Don't confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It's ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you! – Steve Maraboli
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny. – Albert Ellis
- The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit, and you reap a character. Sow a character, and you reap a destiny. – James Allen
- I run my own world, because I very firmly believe that my destiny, my future is in my hands, and I don't want to blame anybody else for the path that I take. – Vijay Mallya
- In my life, I am often reminded that there is a destiny that rules over us, because no one whom I know about or whom I read about seems to be completely happy during a long time. – Rose Kennedy
- Don't leave your destiny up to someone else. Some people are not aware it's their choice to create their own, while others set personal goals and take responsibility for the direction of their lives. You can surrender yours to the desires of others, or you can control your own by establishing your goals and working steadily to attain them. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Over time, I discovered that as overwhelming as emotions may seem, we have the power to manage them, just as we have the potential to create our own destiny. – Peggy McColl
- If you are serious about your destiny and arriving at success then you must stick to your plan and follow the road map. It's not good enough to have the plan in your head! The plan must be written down. – Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
- Destiny itself is like a wonderful wide tapestry in which every thread is guided by an unspeakable tender hand, placed beside another thread and held and carried by a hundred others. – Rainer Maria Rilke
Love destiny quotes
Genuine love makes the world a better place to live in. Destiny love quotes remind us about the power of love, and the importance of looking at the silver lining even when our relationships do not go as we envisioned.
- I told you. You don't love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because they sing a song only your heart can understand. – L. J. Smith
- Of course, it hurt that we could never love each other in a physical way. We would have been far more happy if we had. But that was like the tides, the change of seasons--something immutable, an immovable destiny we could never alter. No matter how cleverly we might shelter it, our delicate friendship wasn't going to last forever. We were bound to reach a dead end. That was painfully clear. – Haruki Murakami
- Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another. – Thomas Merton
- There are gays and lesbians in every country, so there should be no discrimination against them just because of their destiny. – Hun Sen
- Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live. – Marcus Aurelius
- When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over. –T. D. Jakes
Destiny quotes on religion
We cannot ignore the fact that there is a Supreme Being who watches, guides, and determines the start and end of our lives. Acknowledging God as the author of all human life is essential, and we must always strive to live by His command.
- Bottom line: God will not allow any person to keep you from your divine decree. They may be bigger, stronger, or more powerful, but God knows how to shift things around and get you to where you're supposed to be. – Joel Osteen
- Concerning God, free will and what is meant to be: Of all that earth has been or yet may be, all that vain men imagine or believe, or hope can paint or suffering may achieve, we descanted. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Each of us has a specific journey from God that, when embraced, takes us into seasons that redefine our lives and equip us for the very purpose we were designed. It's not always easy, and we are sometimes pulled into what can feel like a raging battle, but ultimately the end result is our destiny. – Paul Barratt
- There is no greater discovery than seeing God as the author of your destiny. - Ravi Zacharias
Destiny quotes remind us to take charge of our lives. They teach us to believe in ourselves and to make the right decisions in life so that we can enjoy greater days ahead.