Patience is something that can lead us to success. But it happens very often that we forget about that. Bible verse about patience is a source of a peaceful and prosperous life, besides, what else in this world has a better “reputation” than a holy book?
The word “patience” is mentioned in the Bible many times. It can be a synonym to trust, love and faith in general. To develop faith, we should develop patience. It is one of the main components of faith.
Try to note our top 20 Bible verses about patience. They may help you in those situations when it seems that nothing can help you anymore.
Top 20 Bible verse about patience
READ ALSO: 30 best short Bible verses for inspiration
Sometimes life can put us in uncomfortable circumstances, and this can make us feel bad. But there is no reason to feel stressed or anxious. Being patient, as we said, is something that can make our life better. And more than that, being patient is a big part of faith, of trusting in God.
- "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." — 2 Peter 3:9
- "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." — Mark 12:30
- "But the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." — Matthew 24:13
- "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." — Proverbs 3:5-6
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." — Philippians 4:6
- "Being long-suffering is better than being brave, being confident is better than being the conqueror of the city." — Proverbs 16:32
- "It is not good for the soul to be without knowledge, and hastile one stumbles with its feet." —Proverbs 19:2
- "You also must be patient. Keep your hopes high, for the day of the Lord’s coming is near." — James 5:8
- "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." — Galatians 6:9
- "From patience to experience, from experience to the hope." — Romans 5:4
- "Now patience is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." — Hebrews 11:1
- "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." — Chronicles 15:7
- "Being patient also strengthens your hearts, for the coming of the Lord draws near." — James 5: 8
- "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." — Isaiah 40:29
- "Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up." — Galatians 6:9
- "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." — Romans 12:12
- "Walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." — Ephesians 4:1b-3
- "I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry." — Psalm 40:1
- "A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel." — Proverbs 15:18
- "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." — 2 Thessalonians 3:5
When experiencing hard times, many of us look for help in the Bible. Bible verse about patience help a lot in such cases. But it is vital to remember that we should bring the Bible in our lives not only when we have bad times, but when everything is okay as well. We should always thank God for everything good we have. Today, we were talking about patience. And if you remember these quotes all the time, you will notice how everything changes around you for the better.
READ ALSO: 70 best emotional quotes and sayings