Bible verses are among those eternal things which do not fade with time. Bible verses about joy are a never-ceasing source of inspiration even when it seems that there are no reasons for being happy. Prepare to unlock this treasure chest with the most meaningful, uplifting, and magnificent quotes which will help you hold your spirit high in any circumstances.
Happiness does not last forever. It comes in short moments when everything shines brightly, and the world belongs to you. These moments come and go, but joy is something that stays with you every day. It is in every moment of your life when you praise the Lord for being here and enjoying your existence, and no troubles can chase it off.
Discovering the top 20 Bible verses about joy
The Bible is filled with quotes, in which it speaks about gladness, satisfaction, and delight. Just like the languages of northern nations have numerous words to determine diverse types of snow, the Bible identifies surprisingly multiple types of joy. Here they are, reflected in wise quotes.
READ ALSO: Top 15 Bible verses on thanksgiving
Powerful Bible verses about lasting joy
A lasting gladness is what the Bible promises to those who are blessed by their virtues, good deeds, sinless lives, and their strong faith. If you are a true Christian deep inside your heart, you will have it, a delight that lasts for a lifetime and eternal happiness after the death comes.
- "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." – Psalm 30:5
We all know that the brightest hour comes after the darkest one. Every suffering is replaced with something new: a new beginning, a new turn, or even a new morning.
- "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." – Romans 5:1
Christianity has suffered much during the time of its existence. Many people were killed for their faith, and many became martyrs.
Yet, Christians have never given up and this path through the darkness, this horrible experience has turned into one of the most prominent Christian dogmas: even suffering is a reason to be thankful and rejoice.
- "And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you." – John 16:22
Sorrows are a normal part of our life when we lose something or somebody; when our plans fail, or when we feel that everything is against us. It will pass, the Bible says, and after sorrows are gone, the sun will shine again and be even brighter.
- "Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works." – Ecclesiastes 9:7
It is in everything we do, even in the daily food we eat. We should be glad for having it, and even if we do not, we should be glad to pass the trial the Lord sends to us. If we have faith enough, He will give us everything we need.
Uplifting Bible verses about satisfying joy
The satisfaction lies in the permanent character of this emotion. Happiness is too short to leave the sense of complete satisfaction and fullness while gladness or delight can be experienced daily. It may even come from the understanding that one believes in God and loves Him and belongs to Him.
- "Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls." – 1 Peter 1:8-9
- "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind." – Philippians 2:2
- "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." – John 15:11
It is curious how a person gets used to this emotion day after day, practising it in every situation. After some time, it becomes an integral part of a person’s soul, and there is no day without this feeling of satisfaction with everything the Lord has.
Calming Holy Script verses about omnipresent joy
For a true Christian believer, it is in everything. The very presence of the Lord in everything around us is a reason to feel gladness. Since the Lord is in every object and every person in this world, one may find a reason to feel delighted at any moment.
- "But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." – Psalm 5:11
- "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." - Psalm 16:11
The beauty of nature, sunshine, a smiling face, a kind word from a neighbour – all these are reasons to recognise the presence and glory of the Almighty.
Supportive Bible verses about the joy brought by the Holy Spirit
READ ALSO: Top 20 Bible verses on healing
If you cannot find a reason to feel delighted in your everyday life, you need to call for the Holy Spirit. It can turn all sorrows into love, all pains into peace, and all weaknesses into power. Just say a sincere prayer, and the Spirit will come to you and fill your heart with pleasure and harmony.
- "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." – Galatians 5:22-23
- "The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish." – Proverbs 10:28
A true believer always knows that their hopes will always turn into something good. Sometimes, people do not see the better side of everything at once. Still, as time passes, they start to notice the brighter side of every change and every turn in their life.
Inspiring Bible verses about the joy of creation and transformation
We may work a lot to improve our faith or to help a lost soul find the right way. It is enormous labour and a big sacrifice, but the gladness and the sense of completeness will be with you all the time. It is a delight that can hardly be compared to anything else.
- "So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers." – Acts 15:3
- "And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." – Luke 15:6-7
- "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." – James 1:2-3
Even the trials sent to us by God should be our source of wisdom, thankfulness, and delight. There is nothing else in the whole Universe that can make us improve more effectively than this. We should always remember: the Lord tries loved ones.
Teaching Bible verses about the joy that is deliberately demonstrated
It is a righteous delight, and this is also an act that shows your love for the Lord. Our God tells us to rejoice, and so should we do. We should sing and dance to praise Him and plant these seeds in our hearts because when they are filled with positive emotions, there is no place for sin in them.
- "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." – Romans 15:13
- "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." – Philippians 4:4
- "Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!" – Psalm 47:1
- "Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart!" – Psalm 32:11
When we show our delight and happiness, we praise Jesus Christ and everything he did for us, everything he sacrificed for our sake. It is our holy duty to be grateful and rejoice.
- "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer." – Romans 12:10-12
Compassion and sharing other people’s emotions is an essential part of being a good Christian.
- "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." – Romans 12:15
Our ability to feel this particular kind of gladness is the only weapon to fight the biggest sins of humanity: envy, wrath, and sloth. By filling our own hearts with this positive and pleasant emotion, we fight the darkest times, we overcome all the obstacles, we improve our own lives, and the world around us becomes brighter. “Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart,” says Psalm 37:4, one of the most powerful Bible verses about joy.
Bible verses about joy show us that we should always be happy and feel blessed for what we have in our lives. Rejoice and may the Lord bless you!
READ ALSO: 30 best short Bible verses for inspiration