Wizkid and Davido are inarguably two of the biggest names in Nigeria and Africa's entertainment industry. These two figures are as well-known for their music as they are for other endeavours such as brand endorsements, commercials, and business ventures. For the time Davido and Wizkid have graced the Nigerian music industry, they have made quite a fortune. Between WizKid and Davido, who is the richest?
The renowned singers have made fortunes from their music sales, performances, licensing fees, brand endorsements, and investments.
Wizkid's profile summary
|Full name||Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun|
|Nickname||Wizkid, Starboy, Lil Prinz|
|Date of birth||July 16, 1990|
|Age||32 years (as of 2023)|
|Place of birth||:Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Current residence||Surulere, Lagos Mainland, Nigeria|
|Height in feet and inches||5'4|
|Height in centimetres||162.5|
|Weight in kilograms||65|
|Weight in pounds||143|
|Parents||Alhaji Olatunji Balogun and Jane Balogun|
|Profession||Singer and record producer|
|Net worth||$4 million|
What is Wizkid's net worth in 2023?
Wizkid's sources of wealth
Here is a look at how the renowned singer made his wealth.
Wizkid has had an illustrious music career that began when he formed a group known as the Glorious Five. While the group broke up shortly after, Wizkid's solo career has seen him produce five studio albums and numerous tracks.
The singer's albums include Made in Lagos (2020), Wizkid (2018), Sounds from the Other Side (2017), Like This, The Remixes (2017), Ayo (2014), and Superstar (2011). Besides album sales, the singer has also made quite a fortune from live performances, licensing deals, and music streaming.
Wizkid has had brand endorsement deals with numerous companies throughout his career. Here is a look at some of the most prominent ones.
- Tecno Mobile: In 2019, the smartphone manufacturing company unveiled Wizkid as their new brand ambassador. This deal came at a time when Tecno was launching numerous new devices in the Nigerian market.
- United Bank for Africa: In 2019, the renowned singer signed a brand partnership deal with UBA, which is one of his biggest endorsement deals to date.
- Pepsi: At the beginning of 2022, Wizkid signed a one-year contract with Pepsi worth $350,000. The singer will be the face of the beverage brand in Nigeria and appear in commercials, both in print and visual media.
- Globacom Group: Globacom is one of the major network providers in Nigeria and is owned by renowned business mogul Mike Adenuga Jr. In 2015, the company appointed Wizkid as one of its brand's ambassadors. The deal saw the singer travel to numerous destinations in a bid to promote the telecom company.
- Cîroc: This is a premium vodka brand produced & distributed by a multinational alcoholic beverage company based in England. Cîroc has always had a thing for leveraging the fame associated with singers to create brand awareness. In 2018, the brand partnered with Wizkid in an endorsement deal.
- Nike: In 2018, the renowned singer partnered with Nike's designers to come up with the Nike-made Super Eagles jerseys. The collaboration saw the jerseys sell out in no time, making it one of the best deals in terms of returns.
Besides music and brand endorsements, Wizkid founded Starboy Entertainment, a hugely successful record label producing music for numerous Nigerian singers. Wizkid's music is also produced in-house, significantly reducing the music production expenses incurred by artists relying on external record labels.
Wizkid is among the wealthiest musicians in Nigeria today. As one might expect, he has several properties to his name.
Here is a look at today's vehicles in the renowned singer's car collection.
- Lamborghini Urus
- BMW X6
- Porsche Panamera
- Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible
- Porsche Cayenne
- Mercedes Benz G63 AMG
- Hyundai Sonata
Wizkid reportedly owns a 13-million-naira house in Surulere, Lagos Mainland. Besides this mansion, he reportedly owns a luxurious home in Los Angeles, California, United States. While the exact cost of the Los Angeles house is not publicly known, it is said to be worth millions of dollars.
Davido's profile summary
|Full name||David Adedeji Adeleke|
|Date of birth||November 21, 1992|
|Age||30 years (as of 2023)|
|Place of birth||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Current residence||Osun State, Nigeria|
|Height in feet and inches||5'6|
|Height in centimetres||168|
|Weight in kilograms||70|
|Weight in pounds||154|
|Parents||Adedeji Adeleke, Veronica Adeleke|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, record producer|
|Net worth||$10 million|
What is Davido's net worth in 2023?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Davido's net worth in 2023 is estimated at $10 million.
Sources of wealth
Here is a look at the different ways Davido created his wealth.
The renowned musician has made quite a fortune from his music. Some of his most prominent music income sources include streaming royalties, licensing fees, live performances, and album sales. Davido has five studio albums to his name. These include Omo Baba Olowo (2012), Son of Mercy (2016), A Good Time (2016), Best of Davido (2020), and A Better Time (2020).
The singer reportedly charges a whooping 10 million naira for a show in Nigeria and about $90,000 for shows in foreign countries.
Numerous companies have worked with Davido over the last few years. These companies leverage the singer's fame to raise their profile or push a product or service. Here is a look at the most prominent deals the singer has ever signed.
- PUMA: In 2021, Davido and sports company PUMA signed a long-term endorsement deal, underscoring the company's commitment to the rapidly growing African market. It is worth noting that Wizkid preceded Davido as the brand's ambassador in Nigeria.
- Martell Blue Swift: In 2021, the world-famous dry-gin firm penned a multi-million-naira endorsement deal with the Nigerian songwriter and singer. The firm and the singer announced the deal on their respective social media platforms.
- Pepsi: In 2016, Davido signed a deal with Pepsi to become one of its Nigerian brand ambassadors. The deal was among the biggest Davido has ever signed and contributed significantly to his current net worth.
- Guinness Nigeria: In 2013, Davido was among the three artists who signed deals with Guinness Nigeria to become brand ambassadors.
- MTN Pulse: This was one of Davido's earliest endorsement deals. The singer signed the deal in 2012 and became the face of MTN Pulse in Nigeria. At the time, he was not as well-known and influential as he is today.
- Infinix Mobile: The singer has worked twice as a brand ambassador for the phone manufacturing company in the last five years. The first deal came in 2018, and the second in 2021.
- 1Xbet: The singer signed a lucrative deal with the renowned multinational betting firm in 2021. The deal was intended to raise 1XBet's profile and help it counter the competition in Nigeria's fast-rising betting industry.
The renowned singer sits on the board of directors of Pacific Holdings, a well-established Nigerian firm with interests in various economic sectors. The company has six subsidiaries dealing in gas supply, freight and logistics, venture capital, warehousing, farming, and oil drilling.
Like numerous other wealthy Nigerian singers, Davido has numerous properties to his name. Here is a quick look.
The singer recently gave his fans a virtual tour of his new house in Banana Island, Lagos. The renowned musician called the milestone a huge blessing when talking about the house on Instagram. The beautiful mansion is reportedly worth $1.5 million.
Here is a look at the singer's current car collection.
- Rolls Royce Cullinan
- Lamborghini Huracán
- Bentley Bentayga
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S
- Range Rover Sport
- Audi R8
- Mercedes-AMG GLS63
Who is the richest between Wizkid and Davido in 202?
Now that we have looked at the two singer's sources of wealth, businesses, and properties, who is richer between Davido and WizKid? Well, from WizKid and Davido's net worth figures, it is clear that Davido is $6 million richer than Wizkid.
Is Davido richer than WizKid?
Yes, Davido's net worth is $10 million, while Wizkid's is $4 million.
WizKid and Davido, who is the richest? This question is on numerous fans' minds, given the remarkable fame enjoyed by the two singers. While both have enjoyed significant success in the Nigerian music industry, Davido is significantly wealthier than Wizkid.
Their hard work has earned them financial success. The list includes Mercy Johnson, Chioma Chukwuka, Rita Dominic, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Funke Akindele, and many more.