Buhari ignores Shekau as he receives Boko Haram flag from Nigerian Army

Buhari ignores Shekau as he receives Boko Haram flag from Nigerian Army

- Nigerian Army says it will continue to protect lives and properties in the northeast of Nigeria

- President Buhari recieved the flag from Lucky Irabor, theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole

- Nothing was however, said of Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau's video and the attacks in Borno early on Friday, December 30

Army presents Buhari with Boko Haram flag

The Boko Haram flag was recovered by troops of the Nigerian Army during the capture of the insurgents' Camp Zero in Sambisa.

President Muhammadu Buhari has been presented with the flag of Boko Haram that was recovered at the insurgents’ Camp Zero which was captured in Sambisa Forest days ago.

The handover ceremony by the Nigerian Army was held late on Friday, December 30 and was carried out by Major-General Lucky Irabor, the theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole.

READ ALSO: Brave: How Nigerian Military rushes aircraft to pick injured soldier from war front

The Cable reports that Buhari received the flag at exactly 10.30pm at 2016 regimental dinner organised by the presidential brigade of guards.

At the handover, Irabor affirmed that ‎about 1,240 suspected Boko Haram members were arrested during a mop-up operation inside Sambisa.

Buhari receives Boko Haram flag

President Buhari receiving the Boko Haram flag from the chief of army staff Tukur Buratai.

On his part, President Buhari recalled how he escaped death in the Army even before he was due for his first salary. He however revealed that he enjoyed his 25-year service before retirement.

The president said: “I believe you are here because you want to be here and you cannot complain. We will do our best to build the national institutions in the country.

READ ALSO: DSS arrests 23 terrorists, kidnappers across Nigeria

“There are 250 ethnic groups, so keeping Nigeria one is a task that must be done. So even for personal reason you must make sure this country stays one and remain strong.”

The president and the Army commanders however kept silent on Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau’s denial of his defeat in a new video. Nothing was also said about the attacks in Borno earlier on Friday.

Chief of Army staff Tukur Buratai however assured that the Army would continue its duty of protecting lives and properties in the north-east.

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel