- Lionel Messi joins Neymar and Ronaldinho on the list of three stars who have signed for both Barcelona and PSG
- The forward recently sealed a two-year deal with the Parisians with an option to extend for another year
- Neymar joined the French League giants in a world record from Barca in 2017 and has also extended the deal further
Six-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi will start a new life at Paris Saint Germain this season after completing a two-year move to the Paris-based club.
The 34-year-old ended his 21-year relationship with his boyhood club Barcelona after it became impossible for the Catalans to re-sign him this summer.
Messi's contract with the Blaugrana expired at the end of June and all efforts to see him sign a new five-year deal proved difficult.
However, the 2021 Copa America winner has now joined the list of three high-profile players who have signed for both Barca and PSG in history.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
1. First, it was Ronaldinho in 2003.
2. Neymar Jr moved to the Parc Des Princes at a world-record fee of over 200 million pounds in 2017.
3. And then Messi who recently joined them for free. His move to PSG is, however, one of the biggest to the French League after the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Messi has now been handed jersey number 30, the first number he wore when he broke into the Catalans senior team about 15 years ago.
Why Barcelona removed Lionel Messi's images
Legit.ng earlier reported that Barcelona wasted no time before removing the images of their former captain Lionel Messi pasted across the Camp Nou.
The six-time Ballon d'Or winner ended his 21-year relationship with the Catalans earlier this month after failing to extend his stay at the club.
Barca confirmed the Argentine forward planned to sign a new five-year deal until 2026 last week but La Liga's financial rules stopped the deal from happening.