- The presidency has shared a glimpse of what President Bola Tinubu's schedule will look like at the 78th session of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly
- The president arrived in New York ahead of his first UNGA participation on Sunday, September 17, and was welcomed by some top government officials
- From the presidency's draft, Tinubu will attend the scheduled events that revolve around global issues of the general assembly
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has arrived at the John F. Kennedy Airport in New York to attend the 78th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
NTA News confirmed the development through a video shared on its official X page on Monday, September 18.
Legit.ng understands that Tinubu was received by the minister of foreign affairs, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar, the permanent representative of Nigeria to the United Nations, Professor Tijjani Muhammad-Bande and other government officials.
The theme of this year’s UNGA is - “Rebuilding Trust and Reigniting Global Solidarity: Accelerating Action on the 2030 Agenda and its Sustainable Development Goals towards Peace, Prosperity, Progress and Sustainability for All”.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Tinubu's schedule at the 78th UNGA Session
As the Nigerian government delegation arrived in New York, the presidency shared a part of Tinubu’s schedule at the 78th United Nations General Assembly.
1. President Tinubu is expected to deliver his inaugural annual statement on the floor of the United Nations HQ on September 19, 2023.
2. Participation in high-level political forum on sustainable development; discussing sustainable development, climate change, global cooperation, addressing inequalities, and global humanitarian.
3. Participation in various high-level meetings, including financing for developments, pandemic prevention, climate ambition summit, universal health coverage, and global financial architecture reform.
4. Bilateral meetings with world leaders, including the EU Commission, Brazil, South Africa, etc.
5. Meetings with transnational firms like Mircosoft, Meta Technologies, Exxon Mobil, General Electric, etc.
6. Address to American Business leaders at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
7. Conducting NASDAQ closing ceremony, President Bola Tinubu will be the first African president to do so.
8. Addressing Nigerian SMEs Business Summit.
Watch the video as Tinubu arrives in New York for the 1st UN General Assembly outing:
Chicago State University releases President Tinubu’s transcript
In another development, the Chicago State University has released a copy of President Bola Tinubu's transcript.
The university had previously stated it couldn't certify Tinubu's diploma under oath but confirmed his attendance and graduation.
Buhari, son, aides return from New York After UNGA 77
Meanwhile, former leader, Muhammadu Buhari, participated in the 77th Session of the UNGA in New York, his last as president.