- Some sacked directors in APC national secretariat have accused Senator Abdullahi Adamu of operating secret accounts
- According to the directors, the APC national chairman also withdrew about N3billion from the secret account
- Recall that Adamu had recently ordered all departmental directors at the party’s headquarters in Abuja to proceed on indefinite suspension
Some members of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) have accused national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, of operating “secret accounts” without the resolution of the National Working Committee (NWC).
The members who were recently sacked by the national chairman also accused Adamu of disregarding the cashless policy and withdrawing the sum of N3bn from the “secret accounts.”
Adamu had, on April 22, ordered all departmental directors at the party’s headquarters in Abuja to proceed on indefinite suspension over allegations of corruption.
They sacked directors are:
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
- Elder Anietie Offong (Director, Welfare)
- Bartholomew I. Ugwoke (Research)
- Abubakar Suleiman (Finance)
- Dr Suleiman Abubakar (Administration)
- Salisu Na’inna Dambatta (Publicity)
- Dare Oketade, Head, Legal
Adamu has since replaced the directors.
Daily Trust reports that the statement signed by the five “sacked” directors and the head of legal, argued that the transition committee didn’t recommend their sack, hence they are still legitimate staff of the party and must be paid their entitlements.
They said Adamu’s claim of inheriting N7.5bn debt from the Buni committee was false.
Nigeria presidency: APC declares plans to rule for 40 years
Meanwhile, in a stunning development, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has revealed its plan to remain in power for 10 consecutive terms an equivalent of 40 years.
This was disclosed by Mai Mala Buni during the inauguration of the 61-member Strategy and Contact Committee ahead of the 2023 general elections.
Buni said said:
“Our vision is to provide a wheel that will drive the party to go beyond 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and even 10th term of office to effectively implement the party manifesto, improve the lives of Nigerians and, to remain Nigeria’s leading political party."
Tension as APC mounts pressure on Buhari to withdraw national honour confers on powerful PDP governor
Meanwhile, the All Progressives Congress (APC), Taraba state chapter has joined calls for the withdrawal of national honour conferred on the state governor, Darius Ishaku.
President Muhammadu Buhari has conferred the honour of the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) on Ishaku, a governor of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).