- The northwest caucus of the All Progressives Congress (APC) wants the party and Tinubu to reserve some key positions for them
- According to the caucus, this will be in exchange for its support to win the 2023 presidential elections
- Some of the key positions are the secretary to the Government of the Federation, minister of finance among other juicy ones
Kaduna state governor Nasir El-Rufai reportedly led the presentation of a position paper by the North West caucus of the party to Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The northwest asked the flagbearer and the national leadership of the party to yield to the region other key political appointments.
According to the caucus, this will be in exchange for its support to win the 2023 presidential elections.
In the presentation, the zonal caucus of the party noted that in view of the region’s importance and contributions to electoral victory at the forthcoming polls, all these key appointments should also be reserved for the area.
2023 Kaduna guber race: APC candidate Sani’s chances get boost as high profile committee inaugurated
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
But the APC flagbearer went ahead and quickly announced his VP choice, while noting the other demands.
Here is a list of the key positions wanted by the northwest as published by Vanguard Newspaper.
- Secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Interior ministers
- National Security Adviser
- Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA
- Nigerian Ports Authority
- Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing system for Agricultural Lending, NIRSAL
- Bank of Agriculture (BOA)
- Bank of Industry (BOI)
- Department of State Services (DSS)
- Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN)
2023: APC announces names of top chieftains to lead campaign for Tinubu in southeast state
Ahead of the 2023 general elections, the Tinubu/Shettima Independent Campaign Group, Enugu chapter, has vowed to unite the warring members of All Progressives Congress, APC, Enugu Chapter, for its presidential candidate, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, and other candidates.
Vanguard reports that the group also disclosed that the party stakeholders and past candidates of the party would be contacted to come back to Enugu and campaign for Tinubu/Shettima victory.
The Coordinator of the campaign group in Enugu State, Dr. Ben Nwoye, made this disclosure to newsmen, after the group’s inaugural meeting, in Enugu, on Wednesday, August 10.