- The minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, says Twitter has agreed to all the conditions regarding its operations
- Keyamo made this known on Sunday, November 28, during an interview while speaking on the suspension of the social media giant
- According to the minister, the Twitter ban was a step to recalibrate Nigeria's relationship with the social media platform and not send them away
FCT, Abuja - Twitter has agreed to the conditions set by the Nigerian government to resume operations in the West African country, according to Festus Keyamo.
The minister of state for labour and employment made the disclosure during an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics on Sunday, November 28.
Keyamo, a member of a committee, set up to review the operations of the platform since its ban said the council has made significant progress so far.
He went on to note that the reason President Muhammadu Buhari banned the social media platform is to recalibrate Nigeria's relationship with Twitter and not to drive them away from the country.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
The minister said:
“We also set up a technical committee to interface with Twitter and come up with a lot of conditions for them to fulfill for us to lift the suspension.
“It was Twitter that reached out to the Federal Government to say they want to know what and what they can do to straighten up the relationship with the Federal Government and so, we have gone far but I may not, at this forum, let out a lot but we gave them a lot of conditions and they have agreed to all the conditions.”
Why Twitter ban has not been lifted by federal government
The government however raised the hope of Nigerians that it is a matter of time before all issues with Twitter are resolved.
But it clarified that the suspension of Twitter had nothing to do with issues bordering on President Buhari.