- The management and staff of the Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, have been thrown into mourning following the death of two students
- According to reports, two students of the institution died overnight due to inhalation of generator fumes
- The Kogi state police spokesperson confirmed the unfortunate incident in a statement issued on Thursday
Legit.ng journalist Esther Odili has over two years of experience covering political parties and movements.
Kogi state, Lokoja - A tragic incident at Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has claimed the lives of two students.
The Punch reported that the students died after inhaling fumes from a power-generating set (generator) placed close to the window of their apartment overnight.
The Kogi state police public relations officer, SP William Ovye Aya, confirmed the development on Thursday, February 8.
Aya disclosed that the deceased were identified as 20-year-old Bilikisu Eleojo and Ibrahim Haliru, Channels TV reported.
According to him, the generator was placed close to the window of the victims, who slept off and died before daybreak.
The lifeless bodies of the duo were reportedly recovered in the room by neighbours in the wee hours of Thursday.
Generator explosion killed 2 at Canadian embassy
Similarly, Legit.ng reported earlier that the Federal Capital Territory Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) explained how two Nigerians died on Monday, November 6, 2023, at the Canadian embassy fire in Abuja.
Confirming the incident, the head of operations of the FCT Fire Service, Abiola Adebayo, said two people were fatally injured, and about three or four other victims had been rushed to the hospitals.
In a fresh update, the spokesman of FEMA, Nkechi Isa, confirmed that a diesel tank explosion was responsible for the fire that gutted a section of the diplomatic building.
Isa noted that the diesel tank exploded around 10:45am in the generator house of the High Commission, just as two MIKANO generators were being serviced by a five-man team from JMD company.