- The Nigerian Army has opened applications for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) for the 76 Regular Course
- Applicants are advised to beware of scammers and validate their information through the official NDA website
- The NDA has also released the admission requirements, which include being medically and physically fit, having good moral character, and meeting academic criteria, among others
This was announced on Saturday, October 28, via an X post.
"Please Beware of Scammers: Always refer to the NDA Website: http://nda.edu.ng to validate your information," the post read.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through email@example.com!
76 Regular Course: Requirements for 2024/2025 session
Applicants, according to the requirements, must be:
- Medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as at August 2024 (the year of entry into the Academy).
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attained an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting).
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for males and 1.65 meters for females
- Knowledge of French, Arabic or Mandarin language is an added advantage
“It will help them”: Canada announces new rule for Nigerians, others coming to study from December 1
76 Regular Course: Other important notes for candidates
- Applicants interested in the NDA's 76 Regular Course are also directed to note the following:
- Application forms submitted without ordinary-level results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary-level examination results of NOT more than five years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only
- Cadets, upon admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, are full-time students and not employees in training. They shall not claim any form of right or engagement whatsoever as an employee of the institution or Federal Government of Nigeria upon dismissal or withdrawal from the Academy before commission as an officer
76 Regular Course: List of courses available
According to Brigadier General, AM Tukur, the Academy Registrar, the courses of study available at the NDA include:
- BSc Biology
- BSc Biotechnology
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Physics
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Cyber Security
- BSc Intelligence and Security Studies
- BSc Military Science
- B Eng Civil Engineering
- B Eng Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B Eng Mechanical Engineering
- B Eng Mechatronics
- BA English
- BA French
- BSc Geography
- BA History and War Studies
- BSc Political Science and International Relations
- BSc Defence and Security Studies
- BSc Psychology
- BA Arabic
- BSc Accounting
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- BSc Economics
- BSc Management Sciences
Check out the admission requirements for each of the listed courses here.
Nigerian Army announces recruitment
According to the statement, the application was free.
The application exercise ran from Monday, September 25, to Tuesday, October 10, 2023