- The federal government makes payments to thousands of contractors, ministries and agencies accounts on a daily basis
- So far in 2022, over 9,000 of these payments have been executed, out of which 10 companies received over N400m
- The federal government has disclosed a list of businesses that have been paid over N400 million to carry out projects around the country
Daily from the federal government accounts, billions of Naira leave the treasury account for projects and salary payments.
Checks by Legit.ng on government open treasury portal where payments are documented revealed that over 9,000 payments totaling N885.82 billion were executed in the first two months of 2022.
The payments were made to government departments, agencies for salaries, and contractors for projects
According to the breakdown, N380.59 billion was paid in January and another N505.2 billion in February.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Top 10 companies receive over 400 million
For payments made to contracted companies, 10 were worth over N400 million.
The companies that received the payments were Setraco Nigeria Limited, Reynolds construction company ( nig.) Ltd, CGC Nigeria Limited, Dantata & sawoe construction co nig ltd, Arlington Securitas Nig. Ltd
Others are Arab Contractors( Osman Ahmed Osman) Nigeria ltd, HMF construction limited and Ifeoma Okafor & Hammanjoda Asta.
Breakdown of the payments
Setraco Nigeria Limited received N1.35 billion as part payment for the construction of phase 1, southern parkway from Christian centre (s8/9) to ring road 1, Abuja and Iro construction of Ikom bridge in cross river state.
While Reynolds construction company was paid N1.06 billion as part payment for the rehabilitation of 9th mile-Enugu expressway, including bypass at 9th mile in Enugu state
NNPC details why no money was paid into federation account despite oil revenue of N2.3trn in 6 months
The payment also covers the construction of Ibi bridge over the river along the Wukari-Shendam road linking Taraba and plateau states.
Other companies that were paid over N400m
- CGC Nigeria Limited- N476.7m
- Dantata & Sawoe construction co nig ltd- N448.8m
- Arlington Securitas nig. Ltd- N474.4m
- Arab Contractors( Osman Ahmed Osman) Nigeria ltd- N448.8m
- HMF construction limited- N448.8m
- Ifeoma okafor & hammanjoda asta- N792.2m
List of companies that can get government contracts in 2022
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that the Federal Government released a list of 19,847 Nigerian firms eligible to bid on contracts in ministries.
The list was produced based on companies' compliance with employee pensions and insurance.
The companies listed are from media to health and agriculture and banks, among several others.