Chibok girls appear in a new video

Chibok girls appear in a new video

- CNN shows the video of 15 Chibok girls, who represent all the missing girls

- Mother of one of the girls recognize her daughter

- The video was released in December as a part of negotiations between Nigeria and Boko Haram sect

Chibok girls appear in a new video

The video of 15 Chibok girls was unveiled as a part of negotiations with the Boko Haram sect. Photo: CNN

International news channel, CNN, has obtained the video that shows 15 of the Chibok girls abducted two years ago who are alive and looking well taken care of.

The recording was reportedly sent by kidnappers to negotiators as a proof of life.

The report said it had been seen by negotiators and some members of the Federal government, but has now been shown to the parents of the missing girls.

Chibok girls appear in a new video

One of the Chibok parents identifed her daughter in the video. Photo: CNN

READ ALSO: Two years on: Read what USA says on the Chibok girls abduction

One of the mothers Rifkatu Ayuba has spotted her long-lost, desperately missed, now 17-year-old and cried: “My Saratu!”

The woman reached out to a laptop screen, “the closest she’s been to her child in two years”.

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Muwa Daniel, one of the abducted girls. Photo: CNN

Saratu Ayuba is one of 15 girls seen in the video shown to some of the families for the first time at an emotional meeting this week.

“I felt like removing her from the screen,” Saratu's mother told reporters, desperate to pull her daughter from the mysterious location where she is being held and bring her home.

“If I could, I would have removed her from the screen.”

The girl on the recording is wearing a purple abaya, with a patterned brown scarf covering her hair.

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Ramati Yaga, one of the Chibok girls. Photo: CNN

It is considered that the video has been made last December as part of talks between Nigeria and the deadly Boko Haram sect.

The recording was released by someone keen to give the Chibok parents hope that some of their daughters are still alive, and to prompt the government to help rescue them.

READ ALSO: Shocking: How I almost became a suicide bomber – Boko Haram survivor narrates

The girls with their hair covered show no evident signs of maltreatment.

A man behind the camera questioned the girls: “What’s your name? Was that your name at school? Where were you taken from?”

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Yuliana Yakubu, one of the Chibok girls abducted two years ago. Photo: CNN

Each girl gives her name and clarifies that she was taken from Chibok Government Secondary School.

The report further says: “As the two minute clip comes to an end, one of the girls, Naomi Zakaria, makes a final — apparently scripted — appeal to whoever is watching, urging the Nigerian authorities to help reunite the girls with their families.”

“I am speaking on 25 December 2015, on behalf of the all the Chibok girls and we are all well,” she says, emphasizing the word “all”.

Watch the video below:

Two years ago, in the middle of the night of April 14, 276 girls were abducted by Boko Haram from their school dormitory in Chibok, in Nigeria’s northeast. 57 escaped hours later but what happened to the remaining 219 girls has been unknown.

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Matha James

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Maralma Yahaua

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Naomi Yahona

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Kwazuku Haman

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Rifkatu Umar

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Hauwa Ishaya

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Ruth Amos

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Falmata Musa

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Jummal Mutah

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Naomi Zakaria

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Saratu Ayuba

Chibok girls appear in a new video

Naomi Yaga

 

Source: Legit Newspaper

Online view pixel