A 14-year-old boy simply identified as Alaji has narrated his ordeal in the hands of the dreaded Boko Haram sect.
Alaji, who is from Kerenua was abducted by the insurgents in an early morning invasion, where security forces were attacked and homes destroyed, Channels TV reports.
Recounting what happened, Alaji said two men on motorcycle abducted him at gun point and took him to a town where he saw hundreds of fighters of the terrorist group as well as many captives. At the camps, they were set in different groups.
According to him, the terrorist group is not only made up of fighters from Nigeria but from other countries too and some of these foreign fighters want the Boko Haram war to be extended to their countries.
He stated that the Jihad which the Islamist sect claims to be waging was not true.
Talking about the activities of the sect, Alaji disclosed that at night, some unidentified people do come to meet with the leaders of the terrorist group and after such meeting, a major attack would be launched.
“At night, we see a convoy of cars that include armoured tanks, and then a green helicopter will arrive. Those inside will then meet the top commanders.
“Whenever we see the aircraft arrive then go, and then we know that the next day, a major attack would be launched. But people like us are not allowed to go near the leaders,” he said.
The escapee explained that the females in the camp were sexually abused while the males ran errands.
He said: “There were lots of women in the camps, they raped and abused them.
READ ALSO: Jonathan Assures Nigerians On Boko Haram War
“For boys like me, we run errands but everyone knows the repercussion for disobedience, they enforce discipline. They don’t let captives to mix freely.”
Alaji, who was forcefully drafted by Boko Haram explained how the sect recruits new members. He said they were selected based on their strengths.
“They gave the weaker ones gallons of petrol to burn houses and buildings, and the stronger ones bullets and guns. Our responsibility to deliver this, is to fight on the battle fields during attacks,” he said.
Speaking on the biggest loss and the most frightening battle he experienced with the group, he said: “The biggest loss I witnessed with Boko Haram was in Gamboru in the hands of the military. The Leader was so furious that he shot and killed two commanders right before us.
“The most frightening battle was the attack on Baga when the town was attacked, initially it was difficult to break through,” Alaji said.
READ ALSO: Niger Captures Dozens Of Boko Haram Members
The 14-year-old boy got the opportunity to escape in the course of an attack to be launched in Mongolo.
“I was ordered to carry two fighters on motorcycle to Mongolo where we arrived at dawn. The first attack was on the military barracks there.
“When residents of Mongolo were leaving, I seized the opportunity and rode off with the motorcycle and headed to Maiduguri where I was taken to my parents whom I lost contact with since the day I was taken.
“Everybody thought I was dead or I had formally joined the group,” Alaji said.
A number of people have been lucky enough to escape from Boko Haram's captivity and some have shared their experiences. Last week, an escapee, a 20-year-old Christian woman narrated an emotional story of her meeting 24 Chibok girls who were abducted since April 14 by the insurgents.
One of the women abducted by the insurgents from Grata village in Michika local government area of the state, Mrs Hannatu Zira, also shared her ordeal in the hands of the sect.