Bandits Give El-Rufai Final Warning, Threaten to Kill Remaining Abducted Kaduna Students

Bandits Give El-Rufai Final Warning, Threaten to Kill Remaining Abducted Kaduna Students

- The remaining 17 students of Greenfield University, Kaduna, may be killed if a ransom is not paid for their release

- The criminals who abducted 22 students from their campus on April 20 have already killed five of them

- According to one of the bandits who identified himself as Idris Jalingo, the families of the students have already paid N55 million but it was used in feeding the abductees

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The bandits who abducted some students from a private university in Kaduna have threatened to kill the remaining 17 in their custody if their demands are not met.

The criminals are asking for a ransom of N100 million as well as 10 brand Honda motorcycles.

Bandits Threaten To Kill Remaining Students Abducted From Kaduna Private Varsity
The Kaduna state governor has said he would not negotiate with criminals. Photo credit: @GovKaduna
Source: Twitter

In an interview with the Hausa Service of Voice of America (VOA), monitored by Daily Trust, a leader of the bandit group who identified himself as Sani Idris Jalingo, said if these are not provided by the Kaduna state government or the families of the abductees, by Tuesday, May 4, they will all be killed.

Read also

Bandits strike again, kidnap lawmaker’s mother, kill 2 in Niger

No fewer than 22 students and a member of staff were abducted from Greenfield University along the Kaduna-Abuja highway on April 20 and within a week, five of them were killed.

According to Jalingo, those in their custody were 15 females and two male students among them a grandchild of the late 18th emir of Zazzau, Shehu Idris, whom he identified as Hamza.

He disclosed that the sum of N55 million had been paid by the families of the students but it was used in feeding them.

Jalingo said the bandits have heard the comments made by the governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai that he will not pay ransom to bandits.

Declaring that this was his final warning, the bandit said:

“If they fail to bring N100 million and 10 brand new Honda motorcycles known as Boko Haram by Tuesday, I can assure you they will use trucks to evacuate the bodies of the remaining students.”

Read also

Panic as bandits release video of pregnant student abducted in Kaduna

Asked if he sees himself as a terrorist, Jalingo said:

“I’m not but a food seeker.”

He also warned that it would be a waste of time for security agencies to plant trackers on the motorcycles as his members do not go to cities and arresting them will not be a piece of cake.

El-Rufai will not negotiate with bandits

Following the abduction of a number of students from secondary schools and universities in Kaduna state, Governor Nasir El-Rufai ruled out the option of negotiating with bandits in order to secure their release.

According to him, his government's policy of not negotiating with bandits is why the criminals are attacking his state.

Throwback video

Following his refusal to bend over, an old video clip of Governor El-Rufai criticising Goodluck Jonathan for not negotiating the release of Chibok schoolgirls went viral.

Before becoming a governor, he had said, in a situation when the lives of citizens are at risk he was in support of taking every available option.

Read also

Sheikh Gumi reveals what caused rise in Kaduna killings, abductions, proposes new solution

In the clip, El-Rufai explained that if one of the abducted Chibok girls was Jonathan's daughter the situation would have been different.

He further berated the administration, saying no option should be taken off the table when the lives of citizens are in danger.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel