Insecurity: Nigerian Governor Raises Alarm, Says Boko Haram Terrorists Now Closer to Abuja

Insecurity: Nigerian Governor Raises Alarm, Says Boko Haram Terrorists Now Closer to Abuja

- Governor Bello of Niger state has declared that Boko Haram insurgents are terrorising his state

- Bello made the disclosure on Monday, April 26, in Minna, the capital of the state

- The governor said that the insurgents are moving closer to the Federal Capital Territory

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The Niger governor, Abubakar Bello, has disclosed that Boko Haram members were responsible for the attacks on communities in the state.

The Nation reports that the governor said that the Boko Haram elements had taken over Kaure axis in Shiroro local government area in the state.

Insecurity: Nigerian Governor Raises Alarm, Says Boko Haram Terrorists Now Closer to Abuja
Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger state has said that Boko Haram terrorists are now closer to Abuja. Credit: @abusbello
Source: Twitter

Legit.ng gathered that Bello spoke made this known when he visited the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp at IBB Primary School in Minna on Monday, April 26.

Bello said Boko Haram elements had hoisted their flag over Kaure axis, forcing women from communities around the areas to be members of the terrorist group.

Read also

Ramadan: Catholic priest donates food to Muslims to break their fast in Abuja, prays with them

He said:

“The implication of that is that the territory now belongs to them. Action must be taken to dislodge the insurgents otherwise with the way things are going, not even Abuja is safe.
“We have been saying this and no action has been taken, the Boko Haram elements are trying to see this place as their home, just like they did in Sambisa. Kauri is less than two hours drive to Abuja, nobody is safe not even Abuja,” he said.

Daily Trust also reports that Governor Bello said that Boko Haram fighters are closer to the nation’s capital.

He said he reached out to the federal government on different occasions but nothing fruitful came out of the process.

The governor expressed optimism that the resurgence of banditry would lead to coordinated military action “to confront the severe and very serious situation.”

He directed the IDPs who abandoned their communities out of fear to return to their homes, while those who were attacked should remain in the camp.

Read also

Breaking: Boko Haram cuts off network In hometown of acting IGP Usman Baba

According to the report, one of the IDPs, Bulus Yusuf, from Kuchi in Munya LGA, said communities around Kuchi have witnessed several attacks and abduction of their women, with the whereabouts of many still unknown.

Yusuf noted:

“These bandits attack us, take away all our belongings including our women. Some of our women were molested and abducted and we had to pay ransoms amounting to millions for their release."

He called on the federal and state governments to deploy a strong military presence to the area to dislodge the insurgents so that they could return home.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the All Progressives Congress (APC) declared that it would not play politics “with matters of life” and the wellbeing of Nigerians in general.

It was reported that this was contained in a statement on Monday, April 26, by John Akpanudoedehe, national secretary of the APC national caretaker committee.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel