- Queen Elizabeth has inherited some extraordinary and priceless pieces of jewellery
- She was also gifted a Queen Mary’s Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara as a wedding gift
- The Queen also owns a 54.5-carat rough pink diamond which she received from a Canadian geologist, Dr John Thorburn Williamson, a royalist who owned the Mwadui mine in Tanzania where it was discovered
British Queen Elizabeth has a collection of super-expensive jewellery that she has collected over the past few decades.
The Queen who turned 95 in April 2021 holds a number of personal pieces such as the wide diamond bracelet she received she was given by her beloved Prince Philip, who died on April 9, as a wedding gift.
With such pieces, the Queen became the only person to own such historic jewellery.
Legit.ng understands the Queen holds many other pieces of jewellery which are quite intentionally impressive jewels.
Queen Elizabeth II has proven over the years that she loves jewellery and is happy to flaunt the treasures from her personal collection as well as the official crown treasury.
Below are a number of jewels the Queen holds dearly;
1. Queen Mary’s Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
The Queen Mary’s Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara is one of the jewels the queen hold dearly.
Queen Elizabeth II was given the Tiara when she was a princess in 1893 as a wedding present from a group called the ‘Girls of Great Britain and Ireland.’
The tiara was made by British jeweller Graff.
2. Queen Elizabeth’s Festoon Necklace
Queen Elizabeth usually pairs Mary’s Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara with the Festoon necklace whenever she steps out.
Legit.ng understands the triple-strand diamond jewel was commissioned by Elizabeth’s father King George VI for her mother from Garrard in 1950.
3. Queen Mary’s Lover’s Knot Brooch
The queen acquired the brooch in 1932 and bequeathed it to Elizabeth.
Elizabeth has at least six brooches, but none are quite as impressive as Queen Mary’s Lover’s Knot Brooch.
The jewel was made during the late 19th century.
4. Crown Amethyst Suite of Jewels
Queen Elizabeth's striking amethyst set includes a diamond brooch, necklace and earrings, which are known as the Crown Amethyst Suite of Jewels or The Kent Amethysts.
The set originally belonged to Queen Victoria's mother, the Duchess of Kent, Legit.ng understands.
Queen Elizabeth was first spotted wearing it on March 26, 1985.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly