- A woman has lost her life in Benue state after her daughter bathed her with hot water
- The cause of the quarrel which led to the untimely death, according to an eye witness, was over the use of detergent
- Meanwhile, the body of the deceased has been deposited at a mortuary in Makurdi
In what will shock many Nigerians, Winifred Ngutesen Ingyaji, an 18-year-old girl has caused the death of her mother, Mbachirin Ashiekaa.
The girl, Winifred Ngutesen Ingyaji, from Ute-Tse-Kpun, Vandeikya local government area of Benue state, bathed her mother, with hot water while injuring her sister-in-law, Mrs Jennifer Betsee.
According to The Guardian, the incident started as a minor altercation between Winifred and her brother’s wife, Jennifer, an eye witness said.
According to the eyewitness, it started over a detergent bought by her but used by the sister-in-law. The eye witness said after the issue escalated, Winifred took the water Jennifer was boiling to bath her and her little baby.
Meanwhile, Winifred’s mother, Mrs. Mbachirin tried to wade into the matter. In her attempt to stop the fight, Winifred mistakenly poured the hot water on her.
The woman did not make it as she died on their way to Bishop Murray Hospital, Makurdi. Her body has been deposited at the mortuary.
The suspect has been arrested by police operatives from the ‘D” Division of Benue State Police Command.
The sister-in-law, Jennifer, who also sustained injuries is said to be receiving medical treatment at the same hospital.
In a separate report, Victoria Asher, the chairperson of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Benue state, passed on.
Legit.ng had reported that Asher's death was disclosed in a statement released by Moses Akarhan, the NUJ state secretary.
The NUJ boss died on Saturday, January 30, at about 8am at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Makurdi, Benue state capital, after a Ceascrean Section surgery.
The late Asher was delivered of a set of twins on Saturday, January 23, before the complications arose.